looks great seesea

hammerhead!

30+hours - wow

Thanks! I love my Hammie.

The 30+ was how long it's been since the session ended. This tattoo took more than twice that. It is sooo nice to write that in the past tense.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress on my skinny ass. Been a long break since last time due to the tattoo studio moving premises - Back to regular sessions now so hopefully some more updates coming! Looking to finish the whole thing by summer. The sessions never get any easier...

By Mark Armstrong, Sacred Art tattoo studio, Manchester UK.

2133hn9.jpg

Bit of a long break from LST but I am still alive and slowly chipping away at my backpiece.

Had a decent break from tattooing over xmas which was great but back to the grind now.

The snake has taken quite a while but almost finished now. Each scale of the snake has 3-4 different shades of green so has chewed through some time.

Big reveal in the wild. Diving in the Maldives. On this trip, I saw several of the creatures on my back, which was pretty cool.

The response from my dive buddies was overall pretty positive, and it changed a few attitudes towards tattoos. I had been chatting with three of the women before I let them know I had done it, and unrelated to my tattoo, they all spoke down on tattoos, including the "Why would someone do something permanent - your tastes will change over time" and the "What will it look like when you get old?" Sigh. One of these women really liked it and said it was the best she had ever seen, and she is in the medical field and has seen a lot of bare skin. A lovely woman from Austria was just in love with it and gushed about my "sea" that I can take with me. :-)

Tattoo%2Bin%2BMaldives%2Breveal%2Bcr%2Bsm.jpeg

So it's been a couple of months since I last updated the progress on my back. The shading sessions are just so much nicer for me than the outline. I think I May have even fallen asleep at points during the session in January. There was no chance of that this week though as the studio was pretty cold despite the heater just next to the bench. I ended up putting half my jacket back on the side that wasn't getting tattooed.

Anyway enough rambling this is how it is looking now:

p.s. @SeeSea your back piece has come out great. Congratulations.

@SeeSea It looks incredible. It's cool to see a picture like that too. Hope you were wearing some high-SPF sunscreen!

Thanks!

Oh, let there be no doubt in your mind. After tons of research I did last year, these are three of the ones I am using, along with a Neutrogena one I must have purchased elsewhere. Amazon makes it easy to drop in and repeat orders :)

Wetsuits are also SPF 2,000,000.