One tiny little touch up/detail session left next month!

25923639366_ae89b03c5f_c.jpg

Who did this? It's fucking killer!

I had my back outlined a few weeks ago by Jason Kelly. Stoked to get back on it! There's going to be a lot more background added, and we're probably going to fill up both ribs and armpits too (fml)

12751295_576075129208827_916527423_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE5ODIwNTAwODM0OTQ4MTQzNg%3D%3D.2

Henning requested pics of my healed back with a black background. Believe it or not, it was tough finding large enough black material like a curtain or spool of cloth but luckily my local dry cleaner had something I could borrow. I had to email him LARGE files because he may publish the photos in something. Fun looking at all the details. Maximize your browser!

25806782470_de0237a6c6_k.jpg

Henning requested pics of my healed back with a black background. Believe it or not, it was tough finding large enough black material like a curtain or spool of cloth but luckily my local dry cleaner had something I could borrow. I had to email him LARGE files because he may publish the photos in something. Fun looking at all the details. Maximize your browser!

Magnificent bro.

also dope to see @CollinK getting on it too.

Healed up real nice! It's an awesome collaboration. I can't remember if you have anything on your torso already or if you had mentioned it previously but do you have further plans for the front?

- - - Updated - - -

Healed up real nice! It's an awesome collaboration. I can't remember if you have anything on your torso already or if you had mentioned it previously but do you have further plans for the front?

Thank you sir! Kelly Edwards from Element in San Antonio. Amazing artist, tattoo craftsman, and person.

I've followed Kelly for a while and finally got to meet him Saturday at the Houston Tattoo Extravaganza. He had a few hours open and I couldn't pass up the opportunity. He is all that you mention above and very humble. I'll certainly have him create something special for me in the future.

Here's a photo of the very fresh, drawn on hanya he tattooed above my knee. It looks like it will settle in nicely when the grey wash lightens up.

25490416413_426434d814_z.jpg

Who did this? It's fucking killer!

I had my back outlined a few weeks ago by Jason Kelly. Stoked to get back on it! There's going to be a lot more background added, and we're probably going to fill up both ribs and armpits too (fml)

12751295_576075129208827_916527423_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE5ODIwNTAwODM0OTQ4MTQzNg%3D%3D.2

So good, can't wait to see this finished.

@ironchef Jesus christ that thing rules. Henning always kills it. Funny enough I used a Henning front piece as a reference for my back, which I should be starting in the fall.

Thanks very much all @Graeme @9Years @polliwog. I was walking around work and just remembered and smiled broadly. I think people thought I was crazy. I'm so happy with how it came out considering all I said to Ian at the start was that I wanted a Japanese dragon full back piece.

I will always remember the day I walked in to the studio and Ian asked "How do you feel about Tibetan skulls?" It worked out well.

And relining those waves... not fun on the last session but it made such a difference so I am super happy we went for it.

- - - Updated - - -

@MrToby The final result looks great congrats. Re-lining is well worth it. May feel like it is a waste of time however on traditional Japanese work it makes a huge difference in my opinion.

I don't think I ever ruined a pair of bed sheets, however some mornings after a session it did not look pretty. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I’m new here, in my sixties, planning a back piece and partial sleeves (my introduction HERE).

I’ve been doing a lot of research about healing here and elsewhere. I think I want to heal using Tegaderm or a similar product. I will be traveling for my back piece, and because of expenses and schedule, my wife may not be able to join me for all sessions, so I won't have any help for immediate aftercare. So is it reasonable for me to even consider using Tegaderm if I have to apply it myself?

My understanding is that normal procedure would be for me to come back from my session, removed the artist’s dressing, wash the tattoo, and then apply the Tegaderm and leave it on for a few to several days.

I’m fearing some sort of comedy scene result with me all wrapped up in saran wrap in my hotel room, unable to move, tapping out 911 with my nose on my cell phone to call someone to cut me free, followed by an article in local online press that goes viral.

Yeah, I can't picture trying to apply tagiderm to your own back - by yourself.

Are you going to have a day after the session for your back to dry out a bit?

Alternatively I'd consider dedicating a clean t-shirt to the travel time, avoid prolonged time against the back of the seat and just un-stick it periodically.

For me, the best thing I found to do after a session on my back was to just hop in the shower and clean the area tattooed with a new bar of soap. Make sure the water is luke warm and set the shower head to a mist setting so there is barely any water pressure. If you find any clothing sticking to you just shower with your clothes on and once it's wet it will be easy to remove. Once you see the water going into the drain is clear it's time to hop out and gently pat yourself dry. From there you can follow whatever after care method you find best suited for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

13473154_1085403991575553_735432163_n.jp

Spotted this weekend partying like maniacs at the Lucky Strike Tatttoo summer slam:

From L-R, made-in-Alberta healed backs and butts by

Scott Rusnak (on Steve)

Lucas Ford (on Scott)

Steve Batt (on Budd)

...it isn't a tattoo party until the clothes start coming off and the drop trough happens in unison. cheers

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Charles.M said:

this is a concept design I was working on, Full-back Biomech Skull them - not on skin obviously, but seemed the right place to post... feedback?Backpieces M 31 copysm.jpg 

Crazy!!  I am not at all into bio mech stuff....but I think this is amazing

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished my Chad/Jondix collabo back piece yesterday, after nearly three years!

Session 1:  10/25/13 at the Bay Area Convention, SFO Hyatt - tag team

Session 2:  11/20/13 at Garage Ink, Napa, CA 11/20/13 - Chad

Session 3:  7/10/16 at Yoni Zilber's private studio, Atlantic Highlands, NJ - Jondix

Session 4:  10/19/16 at State of Grace, SJ, CA - Chad

Progression.jpg