Next session done on my Dragon/Audrey Kawasaki piece. Wolf had 3 laser sessions and will be ready to cover in a couple of months. Im loving my first bit of colour in the phoenix which goes down my thigh and across my stomach. i'm thinking of a big colourful flower over the wolf what do you reckon ? Or maybe something from my left bum cheek up ? photo_706898_thumb.jpg (Didnt want to put you off your tea so airbrushed my crack)

Next session done on my Dragon/Audrey Kawasaki piece. Wolf had 3 laser sessions and will be ready to cover in a couple of months. Im loving my first bit of colour in the phoenix which goes down my thigh and across my stomach. i'm thinking of a big colourful flower over the wolf what do you reckon ? Or maybe something from my left bum cheek up ? (Didnt want to put you off your tea so airbrushed my crack)

INSANE amount of detail! Absolutely stunning!

Has any one else received any thin lines on their tattoos? The hair on my Kongo Yasha is all thin lines, and it was probably the worst 30 minutes of tattooing that I have ever suffered. I am curious if it was just the spot on my back, or the fact that thin lines hurt like hell anywhere.

The hair on my Kongo Yasha is all thin lines, and it was probably the worst 30 minutes of tattooing that I have ever suffered

Welcome to fine line fever. Single needle outlining sucks. All the scales on the dragon on my back were a pain in the ass.

Has any one else received any thin lines on their tattoos? The hair on my Kongo Yasha is all thin lines, and it was probably the worst 30 minutes of tattooing that I have ever suffered. I am curious if it was just the spot on my back, or the fact that thin lines hurt like hell anywhere.

As @a1steaks also mentioned, the single needle liner on the back is no walk in the park. On the tail feathers of my phoenix, the fine lines just seemed to go on and on. I was almost at the point of crying for my mommy. I always noticed between Rubendall and Henning, they both kind of gave me warning ahead of time, "I'm going to start the scales." and I would just close my eyes and braced for it.

Next session done on my Dragon/Audrey Kawasaki piece. Wolf had 3 laser sessions and will be ready to cover in a couple of months. Im loving my first bit of colour in the phoenix which goes down my thigh and across my stomach. i'm thinking of a big colourful flower over the wolf what do you reckon ? Or maybe something from my left bum cheek up ? photo_706898_thumb.jpg (Didnt want to put you off your tea so airbrushed my crack)

You want a skull in that spot.

You're welcome.

You want a skull in that spot.

Was tossing up between a skull or a Hanya, but not sure if another face front on will work really ? Maybe at an angle ? Frustrating as I knew everything else I wanted on my back piece but now the wolf is going I can't make a decision. Was thinking a big colourful flower, so perhaps a skull and the flower !!!!

Was tossing up between a skull or a Hanya, but not sure if another face front on will work really ? Maybe at an angle ? Frustrating as I knew everything else I wanted on my back piece but now the wolf is going I can't make a decision. Was thinking a big colourful flower, so perhaps a skull and the flower !!!!

Could do a skull in aflower...or a skull with some detailed out hair and eyes or something...

During my last few sessions with Mike Rubendall, I had the great pleasure of chatting up Chris O'Donnell. O'Donnell is like a repository for NYC tattoo history and knowledge and just a really nice guy to chat with. Chris and I are currently discussing sleeving my calf with a snake (I think his snakes set the bar for snake tattoos). I was looking over his Instagram and Blog and O'Donnell has some KILLER back pieces up. Here are some examples of images off his website:

Ashley.jpg?format=750w

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-18%20at%2011.31.37%20PM.png?format=750w

This last one is a collaboration between O'Donnell and Thomas Hooper! INSANE!!!

Ryan1.jpg?format=500w

Could do a skull in aflower...or a skull with some detailed out hair and eyes or something...

Had a brainwave yesterday about doing a full bodied dragon coming up the back of my thigh over my bum and having the head where the wolf is now in between the big dragon claws ?

So options are 1) Dragon and flower (colour) 2) Skull and Flower

Lets brighten up a dull Wednesday and a have a vote ?

Had a brainwave yesterday about doing a full bodied dragon coming up the back of my thigh over my bum and having the head where the wolf is now in between the big dragon claws ?

So options are 1) Dragon and flower (colour) 2) Skull and Flower

Lets brighten up a dull Wednesday and a have a vote ?

Dragon.