@misterJ - faaarkin solid mate. Really looking forward to the progress on this! @Cork - the full back defo fucks with the head at times. I remember smashing mine, at least one session a week sometimes two just to get the fucker completed. @Ragen - I fucking love this! That's all I can say :) Nothing!! beats a full back tattoo, nothing in this world, except maybe a chopper!...oh, and maybe a pint of the black stuff.

@misterJ Those are some solid wind bars. I love the ones that look like that. Very traditional. That guy over your shoulder, straight 'mirin.

Ah boy, tattoo anxiety settling in. The back is such a mind game. Even a few beers deep and I'm still apprehensive. I'm going to be so happy when this is over with. Anyone else who has a completed back piece ever get to that stage where you just want it over with? I've been pretty patient with this whole process, and it's completely worth it, but damn, it would be nice to have this thing done, ha. Been 13 months so far.

Thanks man, I really wanted to keep a traditional feel even if it's not 100% old school.

I hear you I get nervous the day of every session and then I'm upset when it's over. This whole thing is a process so no rush especially at 13 months in.

The dude over my shoulder is one of the shop Artists he's super talented (wish I knew his name) but his work is solid as all hell. He watches rubendall do his thing when he has down time (usually during my sessions).

It's flattering when the people in the shop are into the piece

Thanks for all the support

Thanks man, I really wanted to keep a traditional feel even if it's not 100% old school.

I hear you I get nervous the day of every session and then I'm upset when it's over. This whole thing is a process so no rush especially at 13 months in.

The dude over my shoulder is one of the shop Artists he's super talented (wish I knew his name) but his work is solid as all hell. He watches rubendall do his thing when he has down time (usually during my sessions).

It's flattering when the people in the shop are into the piece

Thanks for all the support

I think the artist is Shaun Nel.

@misterJ Next time you see Rubes, tell him Ricky, the Asian Sensation say's "What's Up!"

Your back is shaping up nicely but I'm not surprised. Rubendall ROCKS!!!

LOL I will. That will be June 28th if I'm not mistaken.

And your back collabo is ridiculous... I would love a henning piece and yours came out awesome

LOL I will. That will be June 28th if I'm not mistaken.

And your back collabo is ridiculous... I would love a henning piece and yours came out awesome

If you're serious about a getting a Henning piece, I would email him now. Henning's normally in NYC around the end of October after the Bay Area Con in San Jose. Tell him Ricky sent you :p

If you're serious about a getting a Henning piece, I would email him now. Henning's normally in NYC around the end of October after the Bay Area Con in San Jose. Tell him Ricky sent you :p

That's good to know, but with life, money, and current tattoo in progress it will have to Be on hold til next October at least. I'll keep it in my wish list for now

It's been a couple months since some serious butt work, I forgot how fun it was. My glorious buttocks create quite the shadow in that lighting, but I've got myself a nice new pink and purple lotus. Also referred to as the big ass lotus, or the big ass ass lotus. Whichever you prefer. Also the blue is finished, and the snake got touched up a little. Very productive.

Picture is as always from Dana's Instagram because I'm lazy, and I can't really get a better picture either. Damn my rear end constitution.

10413988_1456975251210546_28345906_n.jpg

Ah boy, tattoo anxiety settling in. The back is such a mind game. Even a few beers deep and I'm still apprehensive. I'm going to be so happy when this is over with. Anyone else who has a completed back piece ever get to that stage where you just want it over with? I've been pretty patient with this whole process, and it's completely worth it, but damn, it would be nice to have this thing done, ha. Been 13 months so far.

Oh god yes. I had a FAST back piece and I was ready for it to be done about two sessions before it was. Or maybe it was whenever the first session on the ass was. I love your phrase "big ass ass lotus." I have a big ass ass rose. I've been done a few weeks now, and I'm still basking in relief that it's finished. Your back looks great!

Well, my backpiece was started 4 months ago, and is already nearing completion. After day after a session I was looking forward to the next session, but everytime when that time came, and the needle hit my back somewhere I thought 'Why did I want a backpiece?!'

'Luckily' putting the lines in was pure hell for me, so everything else after that is like a breeze (well... it still hurts like hell on my back and ass ;-) )

@MrToby - I am excited for a new back to watch develop on this thread.

simple advice

Get a good night sleep and have a nice meal. Bring some snacks to keep your blood sugar up, Gatorade also works well ( i know its a crap drink, but it helps)

As a courtesy, have your back shaved beforehand lol, and deodorant helps (I was sweating hard on the last few lines at the end of the session.)

Get any healing supplies you would need beforehand. Being in a drugstore bleeding through my sweatshirt at like 10 at night wasn't the most fun.

While the line work wasn't my favorite watching your back change so drastically is awesome. It really is a great process, and sneaking glimpses into a mirror as it develops is so encouraging. ENJOY IT.

also, Don't listen to @DevilMan. His backpiece is so awesome and worth every bit

Oh god yes. I had a FAST back piece and I was ready for it to be done about two sessions before it was. Or maybe it was whenever the first session on the ass was. I love your phrase "big ass ass lotus." I have a big ass ass rose. I've been done a few weeks now, and I'm still basking in relief that it's finished. Your back looks great!

Thanks @semele. Hey you finished your back without posting pictures?! I can't be the only one sharing big flowers.

Back tattoos with back tattoos. Can't get better than that @cvportagee, looks great