Young tattooers currently killin' it!

cltattooing

I can't seem to post links very easily from my wife's iPad - but I am a fan of Joe Ellis (Sacred Electric in Leeds, UK). He was an apprentice when I first became aware of him a couple years ago. For a sample of his work check out my Rock of Ages in my gallery.

The photo of the snake and frog under Alex was posted by Matt Howse a few weeks ago from his Instagram account I believe Matt is the artist.

In the storm of crap, sometimes it's nice to recognize the newcomers who are doing well and give us things to look forward to for the future of tattooing. Here are some tattooers who have been at it 5 years or less and are doing some really great work. Feel free to add!

Zac Scheinbaum at Saved. I believe he's only 23 or 24.

My second or third visit to Kings Avenue Long Island, I had the pleasure of sharing a LIRR train ride back into NYC with Zac. He's got full sleeve from Rubendall. This was before he started at Saved. I now see everyone's influence in Zac's work from Tamez, O'Donnell and especially Hooper. Really cool kid.

Daryl Rodriguez at Hold It Down in RVA seems to be able to do anything and getting better all the time. Met him super briefly at the Philly convention two (?) years ago and started following him on instagram afterwards. Daryl Rodriguez @daryl_rodriguez Instagram photos | Webstagram

Good call! Seems like a lot of good work is coming out of that shop, although I definitely dig Daryl's versatility and his lady heads are really cool. Sometimes it gets tiring to see the same lady head over and over again, looks like he's keeping it fresh.