The ladies thread

SeeSea

I felt the need for a solar plexus tattoo too, but I do hope to be skipping about naked at 80, well, if I fancy it. The standard underboob placement was never going to be optimal on me, I've never had the right sort of breasts. So, my tattoo comes up and onto to solar plexus, rather than being placed around it, if you see what I mean. It ends just, just under the band of my bra/bikini.

But, I'd say, with breasts like you describe @TrixieFaux, it's not boob saggage that's a potential issue with this placement, that's never going to mess things up too much. Rather, it's the way the underboob placement tends increases the visibility of the natural asymmetry of the breasts (that all women have). That asymmetry does become more apparent as the breast softens with age and reproduction even if there isn't significant sagging. Even on the very young, pert, instagram chests I've more than often seen the placement emphasise the asymmetry, making the tattoo look slightly wonky even though, technically speaking it is perfectly centered etc. which is a shame.

With mine being designed and placed as it is my breasts (when roaming free) actually look more symetrical than they did before, rather than less. Which is nice. I've posted it on latest tattoo lowdown already but here it is again.

fd76cb334be8e488f578a9850056d4fb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

With asymetry, I mean the often subtle differences in roots of the breasts, rather than the slight differences in size and shape between the breasts (which we are usually aware of). The differences in height of the base of the breast and the precise distance from the from the center of the breast bone to the root of the breast can be pretty much imperceptible on a lot of women, until you place something that is utterly symmetrical in between and under them...

I honestly never notice breast asymmetry of any form unless it is dramatic. I actually had to have a reconstruction (with an awesomely realistic tattooed nipple) pointed out to me once.

Well, yeah. Exactly. It seems like our brains insist that breasts are symmetrical and 'perfect' even though they really never are. Which is why, I think, underboob tattoos very often look wonky (or end up looking wonky) when, in absolute terms, certainly aren't.

I thought about making this its own thread, but this thread always seems to get some good responses so here goes...

I've been pondering a chest piece of some kind for years and can't seem to get any inspiration. A lot of the chest designs I see on women are kind of (imo) trashy...that really dated look, crappy black and gray stars/roses/owls/pocket-watches/etc. Ugh. I'm so jealous of guys that get their whole front done, and who have all that extra room on their chest even if they don't want a huge front piece! I'm not busty by any means (solid b-cup), but I would want to keep my chest piece away from my boobs for aesthetic and personal reasons, which leaves me the dreaded v-shaped spot to fill. I'm open to any style, but both my arms are probably going to be filled with traditional pieces eventually so whatever would work as a "bridge" for the two arms...

Are there any ladies here with chest tattoos that want to show off to help inspire me? :D Or just thoughts on that space?

Well, yeah. Exactly. It seems like our brains insist that breasts are symmetrical and 'perfect' even though they really never are. Which is why, I think, underboob tattoos very often look wonky (or end up looking wonky) when, in absolute terms, certainly aren't.

I would think that an artist could make a lot of designs work with the natural asymmetry, but of course they couldn't predict future changes. I'm not sure a mandala is the best choice, but other, more organic shapes could work well.

I really don't think that you should worry, because:

1. Most all photos that I have seen of such pieces feature hand-bras where you can adjust as necessary to simulate perfect symmetry.

2. In person, just leaning one way or the other will change the symmetry (or flexing a muscle).

3. In person, I really don't think anyone will be paying attention to symmetry.

4. Basically, the only person that will really notice is you, when you look in a mirror - and you are probably already too critical of yourself! (My ears are very non-symmetrical, but I doubt many people have noticed.)

Get a good tattoo and be even more awesome!

Huh. I have bigger boobs, and if I dare analyze them in the mirror, I suspect the left one is a tad bigger. This will not stop me from the under bust tattoo, even considering future sagging. I'm kind of surprised about the concern over drooping, the natural condition of the human body being asymmetrical and the inevitability of aging. I wonder if guys think about their chest pieces and maybe one day getting man boobs that could warp it out (my guess is unlikely). I do think proportion is important, because my girls are bigger, so I'm not going to get a dainty little piece tucked under there.

Regarding chest pieces, I've given that one a lot of thought, because I don't want a tiny little "v" there. I also want it connected to my underboob piece. I really like the chest pieces Guy Le Tattooer does on women - they are large and bold (I included an example of his). I like how some of the tattoo goes on to the boob. I've also seen women who have two large flowers, which I think looks beautiful (the example I included is by Thomas Cardiff).

I thought about making this its own thread, but this thread always seems to get some good responses so here goes...

I've been pondering a chest piece of some kind for years and can't seem to get any inspiration. A lot of the chest designs I see on women are kind of (imo) trashy...that really dated look, crappy black and gray stars/roses/owls/pocket-watches/etc. Ugh. I'm so jealous of guys that get their whole front done, and who have all that extra room on their chest even if they don't want a huge front piece! I'm not busty by any means (solid b-cup), but I would want to keep my chest piece away from my boobs for aesthetic and personal reasons, which leaves me the dreaded v-shaped spot to fill. I'm open to any style, but both my arms are probably going to be filled with traditional pieces eventually so whatever would work as a "bridge" for the two arms...

Are there any ladies here with chest tattoos that want to show off to help inspire me? :D Or just thoughts on that space?

Eagle eagle eagle eagle eagle

Good morning ladies (and gents!) I finally read this whole thread, whew!

Have a question that may have more to do with aesthetics or personal preference, but still a valid concern for me. On my upper back, basically any spot you might look at has a mole, freckle, etc. I'm in the dermatologist getting them checked every year, none have ever been questionable and I've never had one removed.

I'm trying to avoid tattooing this area because I'm ashamed of it, wouldn't want to show it off, and wouldn't want a tattooist to have to touch it. I'm also not happy about giving up all that prime real estate!!

Have any of you ever gotten tattooed on areas where your complexion is less than stellar? What was your experience? Thanks in advance.

I think there is a thread about tattoos and moles, cellulite, scars, skin tags etc.

I don't there there is a human out there with a mole or freckle - you do not need to be ashamed. I have had a dysplastic nevis removed long ago, which left a scar. My tattooer tattoos around moles and such. I have also had broken capillaries on my thigh tattooed over - yay!

I'm going for another looky-loo tomorrow and I'm going to ask about the mole issue and also the atrocious flappy upper arm skin. Does it take ink? Is it gross for a tattooist to touch said grossness? Can I just pretend it doesn't bother me and let the artist say "this won't work, that won't look good, the other would be better" or should I be bold and ask first? Grrrr, stupid body insecurity (especially at my age!) keeps holding me back.

There is a discussion somewhere around here about using tattoos as "cosmetic surgery" for just that reason. I think I even talked about using tattoos to hide the "dreaded batwings" (underarm skin). It takes ink, it isn't gross to touch, it's all your self image. As long as you are clean and fresh, don't go in wearing perfume and brush and floss your teeth, you are good to go.

There is also another thread about guys and getting the nether regions tattooed to complete a full body suit. Some include everything. Can you imagine having to tattoo someone's balls? (or getting them tattooed - yikes!). There's a lot of butt crack tattooing happening. But it's all a job. If a tattooer says "that won't work" then perhaps you have the wrong person. If they say it won't look good, ask why. It could be completely how the design you want might flow right on the body and not that said body part doesn't look like you are 18 anymore.

Good luck!

There is a discussion somewhere around here about using tattoos as "cosmetic surgery" for just that reason. I think I even talked about using tattoos to hide the "dreaded batwings" (underarm skin). It takes ink, it isn't gross to touch, it's all your self image. As long as you are clean and fresh, don't go in wearing perfume and brush and floss your teeth, you are good to go.

There is also another thread about guys and getting the nether regions tattooed to complete a full body suit. Some include everything. Can you imagine having to tattoo someone's balls? (or getting them tattooed - yikes!). There's a lot of butt crack tattooing happening. But it's all a job. If a tattooer says "that won't work" then perhaps you have the wrong person. If they say it won't look good, ask why. It could be completely how the design you want might flow right on the body and not that said body part doesn't look like you are 18 anymore.

Good luck!

Thanks! I'm leaving soon so I'll report back later!

Duh, in my excitement I forgot to update you guys! At my looky-loo I ended up getting tattooed, yippee! I really liked the vibe of the shop, the attitude and friendliness off the staff, and some of the work in the portfolios. I got my daughter's name fixed up, and he thinks he can rework my "vegetable tray" on my other thigh, and cover up my chest name tag as well.

The search is not over, but at least I have a shop near home where I'm comfortable with them and their work.

Oh, well, after I did a search of the artist name and the shop name, let's just say nobody on LST has ever mentioned them. Toye Shop Ink, Lexington SC. Owner Thadd Curry is a damn nice guy, deserves a mention here. I'm glad to report he did address all my "trouble spots" without ever seeming condescending or belittling!

Oh, well, after I did a search of the artist name and the shop name, let's just say nobody on LST has ever mentioned them. Toye Shop Ink, Lexington SC. Owner Thadd Curry is a damn nice guy, deserves a mention here. I'm glad to report he did address all my "trouble spots" without ever seeming condescending or belittling!

Good for you! They don't have to be mentioned on here to be great artists, IMHO. Glad you resonated with him.