222 Tattoo - stories, memories and pictures!

dari

I was fortunate enough to live around the block from 222. I went in there a bunch and was the pesky kid with no money, i bent Juan and Rassier's ear a few times with tales of tattoos i didn't have money to get. They had a pretty good bullshit detector but humored me anyway. I got to watch Paco paint the side of the building and when i was a bike messenger I delivered a heavy ass box of flyers or something from the print shop to 222. Scott was there to receive it and asked me how the hell i road there with that package. I told him I rode it on my bars wedged in between my forearms, and he gave me a $20 tip. It was one of the only tips I ever got while messengering.

Good morning everyone. In case anyone hasn't seen this post on posting photos Steve wrote up check it out. It may help so that you can pull up photos from your desktop and host them right here on LST.

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/tattooforum/threads/70-How-to-upload-attach-images-to-your-posts

How to upload/attach images to your posts

It's not painfully obvious, so here is a quick tutorial on how to add images that live on your computer to your posts:

1. When replying to a thread, click the 'Go Advanced' button next to the 'Post Quick Reply' button at the bottom of the page.

2. Click the little paper clip icon - this is the icon that indicates attachments.

3. You should see a little pop up box titled 'Manage Attachments'.

4. Click the 'Browse' button next to any of the ten fields.

5. Browse to and select the image file you'd like to upload from your computer.

6. You can select up to ten images per upload batch.

7. Click the 'Upload' button.

8. Click 'Close this Window'.

9. You should now see your image files listed down the page below the text box where you are typing your post.

10. You can select 'manage attachments' if you'd like to add more. You can attach up to 20 images per post.

11. Once you submit your new post, you should see thumbnails of all of the images you have attached. Click on the thumbnail to see the full size version.

*Note that you also have the option to link to images that live on other websites such as flickr by selecting the little image icon and entering the URL to the image - this is available from the 'quick reply' editor, without having to select 'Go Advanced'.

Let us know if you have further questions, or are running into errors or problems when attaching images.

Enjoy.

Thanks and keep the tattoo stories and tattoo pictures coming!

Until next time....

Lochlan

One story that came to mind today was one of Scott's birthday parties... his 30th maybe? Anyway, he rented a rollerskating rink and, as many people know, his birthday is 11/1 so he often celebrates on Halloween. So it was a costumed rollerskating party and holy shit it was awesome. First of all, the 222 boys rented a van to get there since many of us didn't have cars and I think also wanted to drink, so the van pulls up out front and Lolly and I are standing there watching everyone pile out like a clown car from the circus. This chick gets out of the van and we are like "whoa! what is her costume? prostitute?" but also were noting that she had great legs and then OMFG it was Hector Fong (shop guy at the time) in drag! We seriously thought he was a girl. So the costumes were AMAZING and if only I knew where the damn photos were I'd be a super star. Scott dressed like Mr. T and seriously looked exactly like him. He shaved his head like Mr. T, wore flesh colored sleeves, painted his face and wore the full overalls/ gold chains get up. Phenomenal! Juan was dressed in a giant man-sized Picachu costume and could not roller skate to save his life, so he was this giant yellow Pokemon constantly falling down and then mostly just holding onto the side of the rink or staying on the carpet. Other favs were Freddie Corbin and Lisa dressed as Jim and Tammy-Faye Baker and Jason McAfee dressed as Olive Oil from Popeye. Now if I only knew where those pics were.... dang it!

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

222 was THE shop that changed everything for me. I didn't know it then, nor did I know just how monumental of a shop it was at the time. I was super new to SF and I wanted to get more tattoos. So I was told I should stop by this shop my roommates had printed shirts for (which I still have).... I got tattooed by Jeff and Juan. In fact getting tattooed by Juan made me want to get into tattooing... he also scared the crap out of me, just by how care free he drew on me, and could tattoo while being on the phone. I thought for sure he was going to mess it all up. It was also the first place I got my taste of "tattoo shop humor" Juan was tattooing 1976 on the back of my arm and Scott came up and said, that looks good but what is 1982 suppose to mean? I also got to see the great "after hours" aspect of tattooing there, that I will keep between me and the parties that were present.... all in all, 222 changed my life.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...