This is the funniest post I have ever seen

Mike H

And Jesus Wept....

I'm sure it is serious and what is more serious is how some of the Gen. Pop will consider that kind of work and environment to be some sort of "standard". On a daily basis we will get people in the shop who tell of "friends" they have that tried to talk them into going to such scratchers. People like that are tearing us down and the legit shops will be the ones getting the stink eye for it from the Gen Pop and the Health Dept.

I wonder if the guy got the EBay kit for Christmas. It reminds me of a customer I had in my chair who had a Brother in Law that was a "good drawer" and he made the comment that he and his Wife had purchased a "Professional Tattoo Kit" from EBay for him last Christmas, I asked "How much is a professional tattoo kit off EBay/" He replied "200 dollars plus shippin", I had a laugh off of the "plus shippin" comment but that was a few years ago now and who is to say that the guy either gave it up as soon as he wore out the needles or ran out of ink and there wasn't a Family member that restocked him the next Christmas, ha! Maybe he's working in shop owned by a tavern owner, I'm seeing allot of that going on, enough to change the adage that "Good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good", I'm seeing plenty of scratcher grade work coming out of so called "professional tattoo shops" for big money and the people act proud to display them and in some cases defend them with the "I didn't think it was half bad" not understanding that it makes it only half good.

It's the old story that if somebody learns only three months of piano lessons and goes on to teach only three months of piano lessons and those students go on to teach three months and so on, then we can all expect that in 10 years the world would be full of bad piano players. I got a pair of pliers but it don't make me a dentist!

I have even had times that I felt the heat from the person sporting the bad tattoo from one of those people because I didn't or refused to apprentice that person, like it was my fault that they had a crappy attempt at tattooing on their arm.

The artist's are damned all the way around by these people scratching away, Health Dept., CDC statistic's, and ultimately the general population forming the idea and opinion that what these people do in their trailer court is "tattooing".

Forgive them for they know not what they do or Broken knuckles can't tattoo?

From reading his Craigslist ad, it seems that it's not only his tattooing that's challenged. Anyone who reponds to this ad deserves the 'tattoo" he's going to give them, unless, of course, he also gives them some kind of microscopic extras.

While working in Miami last December a co-worker (who is also tattooed) and I saw a bunch of those posted street signs advertising free tattoos (and then gave a phone number). I really hope that it was not serious or that no one actually took advantage of the free tattoos. My co-worker took a phone picture I will have to see if she can send it to me.

Jake your right, besides, the craigs list killer tattoo guy probably bought his kit off EBay with the funds from the check he gets for ADHD, ha! The guys HD was paid for by the Dept of Rehabilitation Services for his "stress control" and he got the tattoo "guns" covered to handle his "anger management issues", poor guy probably had a Dad that didn't find him sexually attractive and that probably started the whole pity party. Poor fellow autist