Zillah

Tattooed Porcelain Dolls

11 posts in this topic

I'm not sure I agree with the 'alternative way of viewing the female body' part, but they ARE gorgeous. I want one!

I like the more distorted ones at the end tell you the truth. Very cool.

These are really nice figures and everything, but I don't understand why artists have to talk like this.

For Harrison, this consciousness oozes to the surface for all to see, taking the shape of inked roses and ships and skulls. In stark contrast to the flowing ball gowns and neatly pinned hair, her women possess darkly ornate bodies that prompt the viewer to question what lies beneath.

"Her research considers the relationship between interior and exterior spaces of the body, but looks neither inwards towards a hidden core, nor outwards from the subconscious," her statement explains, "instead looking orthogonally across the skin to the movement of the body itself, using the surface of the body as a mode of both looking and thinking."

???????????????

Anyway... this reminds me of a Barbie that actually has really cool tattoos. Oh, no! Barbie has a life! - Alysha

Pretty rad. I actually enjoyed the part about how the body's contact with itself creates a sense of self.

I love those. I love the...what's the word I'm looking for...dichotomy (?) of the tattoos and fancy dresses. Like the pins I've seen on pinterest of tattooed disney princesses.

Zillah likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• @Kurgana I would love to see some of your pieces! Are they uploaded somewhere?
    • @Tiresius I totally get what you're saying. It's a difficult decision when you are trying to make all your tattoos work together. Lots of people succeed, but I ended where I'm now when I realised I didn't want to be limited by a specific style or theme. Still not sure how it's going to work out for the single body parts though - my current tattoos are set apart from each other, but my probable next one (actually it'll be three separate tattoos in the same area) will have to somehow fit on my arm where I already have a really girly little scrollwork tattoo (one of the earliest) and a large blackwork piece taking up pretty much all of my inner forearm. 
    • I'm still wanting my tattoos to be relatively discreet, and I'm also a little hung up regarding coherence. My body is an extension of particles, but I am also a unitary being and I feel the need for there to be a unifying principle behind it all. My first was going to be my only one: I had this idea of the tattoo being 'my motto' or my personal symbol. However, I was in a bad place at the time and some years later I had another on the other ankle to provide a kind of answer to the first.

A few months ago someone that meant a lot to me passed away, and I really want to be physically marked by that - if that makes any sense! I also want something really beautiful and larger than my previous ones. I may have it done on my abdomen, however, so it remains discreet. The difficulty is that I feel like it needs to tie in with the other two and I'm not sure quite what that means. I don't want to repeat the exact motifs, and I'm not even sure whether it is unity of style that I am after...

I was considering remaining with the theme: so the first was a rose- bud, the second, an anklet of hearts and this third COULD be a swan which would make them all romantic. But...I'm feeling some tooth rot from the saccharine!
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics