Quebec to regulate tattoo removal

Graeme

I saw this in the news today and thought it was worth sharing:

Tattoo-removal regulation coming to Quebec - Montreal - CBC News

Quebec's College of Physicians has formed a committee to regulate tattoo removal after a Radio-Canada investigation revealed that at least eighteen women were left with horrific scarring after going to a non-laser tattoo removal place outside of Montreal. This place, Bye Bye Tattoo, claims that their method is painless and doesn't leave scars, but here's the result:

tattoo-removal-scars.jpg

According to the removal place's website, their method involves opening the skin and introducing some kind of liquid that acts as a solvent which will provoke the body to reject the tattoo pigment. I know that @Mike Panic has discussed several methods of non-laser tattoo removal on this forum and how they don't work, and I guess this is more evidence that if you want to get a tattoo removed you need to get is lasered.

Fortunately, it doesn't seem from the news article that the College of Physicians has any interest in regulating tattooing itself, only removal, though I'm sure there are going to be some people who will use this as an excuse to push for regulation.

Yea this is terrible. Here in the USA the machines we use (professional grade, not eBay) are all FDA approved after extensive clinical testings.

The problem is that one can still cause damage to the skin with them, and as you mentioned, the tattoo industry isn't regulated, nor is the tattoo ink industry. Not that I want to see federal regulations come down, but they do go hand in hand with each other.

I've had several laser treatment to lighten a 3/4 sleeve and have had 0 scarring, these too good to be true creams and formulas are just praying on people. That persons arm is now completely ruined for life, I'd much rather have a shitty tattoo than acid burns. Lasers done by someone who knows what the are doing are very effective, safe, and the only way to go imho

Yea this is terrible. Here in the USA the machines we use (professional grade, not eBay) are all FDA approved after extensive clinical testings.

The problem is that one can still cause damage to the skin with them, and as you mentioned, the tattoo industry isn't regulated, nor is the tattoo ink industry. Not that I want to see federal regulations come down, but they do go hand in hand with each other.

Hi Mike, I was curious as to what laser you are using? We are using the pico and we are having great results on colors except red. I know it is b/c of the wavelength. With your experience what would you recommend to treat the red ink? Thank you