Who do you think deserves some recognition?

Iwar

I thought we could use a thread that shined a little light on some of the artists we love, but aren't necessarily very renowned or getting the recognition we feel they deserve.

Lets get the ball rolling....

I've been a fan of the work of James Tex of Deadly Tattoos inc, located in Calgary, Canada, for a few years now. I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with his work, and some members here might even know him personally and/or have tattoos from him.

Anyways, I stumbled across him a while back in another tattoo forum where a member showed off the progress of a Samurai sleeve he was getting done from Tex. I was blown away by his work, and to my great viewing pleasure he had a fairly large online portfolio on his shops website: Deadly Tattoos inc.

I'm not sure if everyone agrees with me in that he's "low key", but I can't say that I have read an article about him or seen any pictures of his tattoo except on his website (and obviously the forum I mentioned).

Here's a few samples of his work from his online portfolio:

YexDR9AUDYs5yUp8.jpg

NZYCpKUA.jpg

0ZhioyMB.jpg

d76FdPO9.jpg

Yhc87JEc.jpg

7BNRseoc.jpg

Dan Martin of Houston TX. I used to work for him before i left Texas. he is a fantastic illustrator and he does really nice tattoos. He was the first Really good tattooer i worked with/for. I gained a lot from that experience and dont think i'd be the tattooer i am today with out it. and i am grateful. he is a member on this forum as well.

]I love lots of color and so what you posted above -Iwar- is amazing!

here is an artist by the name of Daniel Innes in Toronto who i stumbled apon and love his colourful Japanese:

Tattooing by Daniel Innes

Pearl Harbor Gift Shop | Daniel Innes

i coulodnt get any pictures to post but i love the way he does his Geisha.

next Lizzie brought this guy to my attetion just recently and so i dont know and i havent seen his name mentioned alot but his name is

Cory Kruger in CLinton, MA. his artwork is amazing and the tattoos blow my mind.

Kruger Tattoos

Lowrider Tattoo StudiosWith a little over 3 years tattooing experience this guy is tearing up the West Coast as a part of the Lowrider team.This must seem a world away from the hip-hop store in Dublin but he has transformed (no doubt partly thanks to the cheek of the Irish )to one of the most up and coming guys around .Check out Mikey Doodles stuff !

i have a feeling i am really behind the ball on this one, but i'm still schooling myself on european tattooers and i just discovered Stizzo, an italian artist. it looks as though he owns and works out of his own shop called Best of Times, in milan. i'm sure anyone who works the milan convention is probably familiar with him. i really enjoy his use of black, it's beautiful and it really gets me. you can check his stuff out on facebook under Stizzo Tattoo. seeing that he has over 4,000 friends on facebook, i assume his work is no secret. but i had never heard his name or seen his work in books, magazines or on the web before. here some samples...

i would also like to add luke francis. he works at everlasting tattoo in san francisco and does great, clean work and beautiful soft shading that i dig.

we went to high school together and were pretty friendly. he moved to sf a few years before me. when i moved up here in 2001 and randomly saw him working at anubis warpus at the time, on haight street and later got a tattoo from him shortly after he started at everlasting, in 2008 i think. check him out at Everlasting Tattoo - San Francisco, CA

Peter Lagergren's work is excellent...Also Chris Lain is real good too,and your right,I've never seen him interviewed before.That dude Isaac is really good.He works in Tempe@ Living Ghost Tattoo Parlor tempe (The Living Ghost Tattoo Parlor) on Myspace Dan@ http://inkmantattoo.com/ is a low key dude doing real nice asian work.Chris Adamek is a versatile tattooer@ IMMORTAL INK OFFICIAL WEBSITE James Spencer Briggs does real smooth B & G work@ memoirtattoo©2010 I met this young dude at the Philly Convention,and he's doing real nice work. Nick Stegall

http://wwwmyspacecom/newskooltattoosGreat thread Iwar .

I gotta say Ian Flower whom I was alerted to via Valerie Vargas blog .Pretty sure this is no news to the tattoo artists but like Iwar i haven't seen alot of publicity for him .Anyway hes a mad fisherman so i hope this doesn't upset the fishes .

that backpiece is fucking killer! I with it was a better photo so I could really dork out on it but I still spent a good chunk of time just staring

http://wwwmyspacecom/newskooltattoosGreat thread Iwar .

I gotta say Ian Flower whom I was alerted to via Valerie Vargas blog .Pretty sure this is no news to the tattoo artists but like Iwar i haven't seen alot of publicity for him .Anyway hes a mad fisherman so i hope this doesn't upset the fishes .

ian's work is really great, i think its crazy when i meet customers who like japanese over here who've never heard of him!

ps. hes crazy into bikes at the minute :)

A couple of years ago I would have said "Valerie Vargas" but luckily people have been giving her work the attention it deserves :D

Today... Today I'm going for Rick Lohm of Halo in Syracuse. I just completed a short interview with him for the Occult Vibrations blog. Editing it now with it going live probably Monday. He just posted this on his FB... gotta love the boys in gray.

A couple of years ago I would have said "Valerie Vargas" but luckily people have been giving her work the attention it deserves :D

Today... Today I'm going for Rick Lohm of Halo in Syracuse. I just completed a short interview with him for the Occult Vibrations blog. Editing it now with it going live probably Monday. He just posted this on his FB... gotta love the boys in gray.

I met this girl in NYC a few weeks ago who had a nice chestpiece from Rick Lohm.She said she was getting tattooed by Brad Steven's@ Daredevil Tattoo Who's also from Syracuse,and does clean work.

I met this girl in NYC a few weeks ago who had a nice chestpiece from Rick Lohm.She said she was getting tattooed by Brad Steven's@ Daredevil Tattoo Who's also from Syracuse,and does clean work.

I have heard the same thing about Steve, but I can't find hardly any examples of his tattoos. Every time I look for him I only find the dragon-haired girl that Bob tattooed on him.