Thigh tattoo questions

lildropofsunshine

I wish I could agree with @sophistre on the healing, but alas I agree with @marley mission and @bongsau. I have the lower part of my quads done, with matching (in size, not design) moths/butterflies. Both of them scabbed like fucking crazy right down the center body portion of them. At first I thought it was just the one Oliver did because it was heavy black, but the one my local artist did scabbed like crazy, too. Both ultimately healed and look fine, but they were pretty gnarly for a while.

@cibo and I'm pretty sure we've discussed this, but as someone with a big ass snake and roses from Scott, I fucking love that tattoo.

Edited by suburbanxcore

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:49 PM, Dan said:

I agree they all hurt,I have tattoos all over my body,and my inner thigh tattoo has been the most painful for me.

and I agree with the pre-tattoo preperation,but I might add bring candy to keep electrolytes up,I bring skittles and M&M's mixed in a bag and a couple cold bottles of water,I even bring a small ice chest to keep the water cold.

Dan Dan Dan Dan Skittles and M&M's mixed in a bag? That hurts my head and my heart so much.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

so i wanted to get a full thigh tattoo on both thighs to hide scaring and i was wondering about how long it would take how much it would cost and what i should and shouldnt do. Also would the tattoos be able to hide the scaring well enough if i get color.

5 hours ago, Emi said:

so i wanted to get a full thigh tattoo on both thighs to hide scaring and i was wondering about how long it would take how much it would cost and what i should and shouldnt do. Also would the tattoos be able to hide the scaring well enough if i get color.

You need to see a tattoo artist to answer all those questions. Prices very widely, but good tattoos are NOT cheap. How long it takes depends on what you get and how much detail you put into it. Only you can judge "good enough."

Do some research, find a good shop and book a consultation. Expect to drop a couple of grand for a really good tattoo.

2 hours ago, Hogrider said:

You need to see a tattoo artist to answer all those questions. Prices very widely, but good tattoos are NOT cheap. How long it takes depends on what you get and how much detail you put into it. Only you can judge "good enough."

Do some research, find a good shop and book a consultation. Expect to drop a couple of grand for a really good tattoo.

What @Hogrider said. If someone says they can do it "cheap," run a mile. Quality tattoos aren't cheap. Also, not every tattoo artist will be comfortable tattooing scar tissue. Check around and ask a lot of questions if you find someone.