Thigh tattoo questions

lildropofsunshine

I've never seen a sketch done prior to the actual appt. At least not for me. 

I may get my thigh tattooed at my next appt. or my shin. I don't know. 

If it's the thigh, I'll report back here as to what it felt like.

3 minutes ago, irtattoos said:

Don't drink the night before, get a good night of sleep, eat a hearty meal before you head to the shop & bring a fully charged phone, headphones and a book. You'll be fine ;) but yeah all tattoos hurt. Just some more so then others.

Oh for sure. I rarely drink so that's no problem, I never sleep well, but that's old news...but eating and bringing distractions/things to do, definitely! First tattoo I brought my best friend, second I did solo. I actually liked flying solo better, but I was really nervous for my first one.

8 minutes ago, irtattoos said:

Don't drink the night before, get a good night of sleep, eat a hearty meal before you head to the shop & bring a fully charged phone, headphones and a book. You'll be fine ;) but yeah all tattoos hurt. Just some more so then others.

I agree they all hurt,I have tattoos all over my body,and my inner thigh tattoo has been the most painful for me.

and I agree with the pre-tattoo preperation,but I might add bring candy to keep electrolytes up,I bring skittles and M&M's mixed in a bag and a couple cold bottles of water,I even bring a small ice chest to keep the water cold.

Edited by Dan

@sophistre Ohhh wow that healed and settled in so well! So stoked you posted that, thank you! I think that is still one of my favorite tattoos I have done to date, I'm really glad you got that one. Do you mind if I post that one to my IG?

and yeah, do agree with the pain being totally individual. I had one of my thighs done for many years, had tattooed it myself in my first year over the course of 7 hours, and found it pretty easy pain-wise. Got the other top of my thigh started by Matt Arriola a couple of weeks ago and it took everything I had to not totally lose it, it hurt really fuckin badly.

1 hour ago, cltattooing said:

@sophistre Ohhh wow that healed and settled in so well! So stoked you posted that, thank you! I think that is still one of my favorite tattoos I have done to date, I'm really glad you got that one. Do you mind if I post that one to my IG?

and yeah, do agree with the pain being totally individual. I had one of my thighs done for many years, had tattooed it myself in my first year over the course of 7 hours, and found it pretty easy pain-wise. Got the other top of my thigh started by Matt Arriola a couple of weeks ago and it took everything I had to not totally lose it, it hurt really fuckin badly.

which one did you do ?

I've got two tattoos on the one thigh, one smaller, black and grey mabye habd sized and pretty close to my hip, and one larger woth colour covering a lot of the quad muscle. 

Little one peeled within a week and never really hurt to walk on. Big one swelled my whole leg up, could barely walk around on it for the first few days and standing up really quickly sent a rush of pain. Remembering in now was not a fun healing experience. Scabbed really badly too.

I have shin/calf tattoos as well as the thigh and a small sternum and whilenthe thigh was easier personally getting tattooed, worst healer out of the lot.

Only 2 tattoos in, but thighs have been easy pain-wise for me and have healed up great.  It does feel like a big wobbling boiled ham strapped to my leg while it heals, though.  Bag of peas, keep it elevated.  I also wear leggings exclusively while they heal but I hate wearing real pants anyway. My experience will have no bearing on yours, but I do feel that it's helped me to avoid wearing abrasive denim and whatnot.

@sophistre the tattoo that @cltattooing did on you looks so great healed, omg

Edited by polliwog

I have the initial design and I like it.  My artist is finishing it up and is going to send me my final design before my appointment to see if there are any changes I'd like him to make. But It looks great -- very simplistic which is what I want, both of my others are that too, it's the style I like I guess. Only one week to go now! I'm crazy excited! 

• 4 weeks later...