New user and touch up questioin

yuzutea

Hi!

So I'm new here, I have a few tattoos, including a couple of small ones that I had done on a whim without giving it much thought.

I'm planning on getting a bigger one soon, and have actually done proper research and everything this time... I was just wondering, I've heard that it is rude to ask an artist to touch up someone else's work. My problem is that my first tattoo scabbed quite badly, resulting in some ink discoloration. I'd like that touched up, but I've moved across the country since getting it done, and don't fancy making a 6+ hours long train journey just for a very quick fix... In this case would it be rude to ask my new tattoo artist to do small touch ups on my old tattoos while getting a new one?

Thank you!!

I've found that if you are friendly, and willing to pay for the time people are quite happy to do five minutes of work on another artists work. Mention it and say some thing like, while you have your machines setup, would you mind throwing in a touch of...

Good luck.

My artist touched up a couple of tattoos from the artist who did a couple of very small ones on me. He scarpered without any notice, and my artist was happy to jump in and do the touch-ups (while I was in for another tattoo). I've been using Josh ever since, which is about four or five years now. Ask nicely while you are getting another tattoo, and TIP WELL!