Price Range for this Tattoo

Nathan B

Hey I'm planning on getting my first tattoo in about a week or 2 and I was wondering how much money I should be expecting to spend on this tattoo. I am planning on getting it on my upper forearm, and it will only be about 4.5 to 5 inches on my inner forearm  

Lion Tattoo.jpg

Edited by Nathan B

9 minutes ago, Nathan B said:

Hey I'm planning on getting my first tattoo in about a week or 2 and I was wondering how much money I should be expecting to spend on this tattoo. I am planning on getting it on my upper forearm, and it will only be about 4.5 to 5 inches on my inner forearm  

Lion Tattoo.jpg

that should run $100 to $2200 USD

Just now, Nathan B said:

Hey I'm kind of a noob so sorry but I heard that asking for a direct price from your tattoo artist is considered rude. So I didn't want to seem like an ass.

Its not rude to ask your tattooer for their rate. It is rude to ask various artists for prices on a design and price hunt. Show that you intent to get tattooed by the artist you want and ask for price once everything else is done. 

I always ask how much the tattoo will be, but I do it last. If you hear artists complain, its from people who price hunt and dont really want a tattoo, they just want a deal.

Tattoo prices vary, based on so many different factors. Only the artist doing the tattoo can tell you how much a design will be.