Cover up ?

This is going to be cool to watch this process of removing it then getting a good back piece tattoo. Thanks for taking the time to share this process and including pictures.

By the way was this tattoo a cover up of two previous tattoos that I see under on each shoulder blade?

thanks lochlan,

Left shoulder is a cross with memorial right shoulder initials and clover the middle piece covers name of street I grew up in San Antonio. Hindsight I could have gone way smaller to cover and in reality I just needed to cover the middle of my back but I will be happier with proffesionally done work.

• 4 weeks later...

did most of the laser places charge for a consult? I have a big piece on my back that I'd like to lighten and cover but most wanted $100-200 for the consult and if I go with the procedure that money will go to the treatment. I'm just concerned with what the treatment will cost, it's pretty much my whole back :(

Ian I had several places want consult fee but after I questioned paying to be told how much a service would cost all but one waived it. I walked out of one and the receptionist chased me out and waived the fee. They were the most expensive at $500 a session with 10-12 needed in their opinion. I would suggest comparing lasers to cost. you want the best laser for the cheapest price IMO. Usually the people with the best(most expensive lasers) will have some experience in actual removal.

did 1 hr and 10 minutes on laser today, then went straight to the zoo with the little one. This was a different girl than before and she made me bleed. After this one heals I think I am done. I would guess some good artists would be comfortable with the amount of this I have knocked out

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@gougetheeyes I spoke with james spencer briggs on the phone and he verbally agreed and said whenever I wanted to come out but man I havnt been able to get him to reply or catch him for months to pin down an exact time he wasnt in LA.

Ofcoarse if i get work from him it will be b&g something light/dark in subject really would give him artistic freedom.

I also dig the idea of something a bit more traditional and at that point I would have a harder decision (in my mind) on artist but subject matter would be pretty simple probably skull,panther or something of the like and lots of roses lol

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man...that is some serious commitment right there! Interesting how the old work comes up when the black is broken up...that hand-spiked stuff goes deep.

I wish you every success, and hope your new piece is everything you want it to be. I'll be checking this thread often to see your progress.

As a side note, I was in Seattle a few years back, and stopped in a shop downtown, just browsing. Brazilian tattooer was working there, ran a big rap on me about tattooing over my existing work with white and re-doing it. Anyone ever heard of or tried this? I wouldn't want to do it, but had never heard of it and was curious.

Man...that is some serious commitment right there! Interesting how the old work comes up when the black is broken up...that hand-spiked stuff goes deep.

I wish you every success, and hope your new piece is everything you want it to be. I'll be checking this thread often to see your progress.

As a side note, I was in Seattle a few years back, and stopped in a shop downtown, just browsing. Brazilian tattooer was working there, ran a big rap on me about tattooing over my existing work with white and re-doing it. Anyone ever heard of or tried this? I wouldn't want to do it, but had never heard of it and was curious.

I have read about white ink then tattooing over it ,with no real consensus. Let me know If you find any info regarding this and Thanks for following my process I hope others will get something out of following my process.

yeah my ghetto stuff is coming up now that the tribal is disapearing

Not exactly what you're talking about, but....

A few years back, I went to a tattooer who also did lasering to get some kanji zapped off my shin. He did several sessions, but it wasn't lightening up much, so he decided to try something. He tattooed white over it, let it heal, then lasered it again. The end result was...well, it wasn't as good as what @Scott R's results are, but I was able to cover it pretty easily.

It went from this youthful indiscretion:

th_Before.jpg

To this lasered and white-inked version:

th_IMG_1708.jpg

To this Jeff Rassier piece:

img_2088_thumb.jpg

that kind of tattoo needs a name hogg

flying kitty claw?

feather pussy vs evil snakey poo?

its early forgive my babble

I just call it "a Jeff Rassier tattoo." He does phenomenal Americana and is known for weirdo shit, so I figured I'd have him do both.