Corey Miller's 25 Favorite Tattoo Artist

Lochlan

Did anyone see this list? I know there was some talk recently around Bob Baxter and his list here at LST so how about Corey's List for Complex.com?

I can't copy and paste so check the link above to read it but here is just the list ( I took the liberty to fix their spelling as far as I know):

25. Filip Leu

24. Suzanne Fauser

23. Jack Rudy

22. Dave Shore

21. Jose Lopez

20. Carlos Torres

19. Henry Powell

18. Guy Aitchison

17. Hannah Aitchison

16. Kim Saigh

15. Juan Puente

14. Clae Welch

13. Grime

12. Horiyoshi III

11. Tim Hendricks

10. Tattoo Mick from Zurich

9. Goodtime Charlie Cartwright

8. Leo Zulueta

7. Greg Irons

6. Bob Roberts

5. Kore Flatmo

4. Bob Tyrrell

3. Chris Garver

2. Freddy Negrete

1. Sailor Jerry

I see some LSTers on here plus some of the tattooers have been interviewed by LST, did you watch them yet? Plus I see one person on the list who did an interview with us that we'll be being posted soon....can you guess who it is?

Does anyone dare try to make their own top twenty-five tattoo artist in their humble opinion?

Here is my, and I mean my 25, not anyone else's top Tattooist. Not just the tattoos but impact on the industry also. Not in any order.

25. Capt. Coleman

24. Good Time Charlie Cartwright

23. GRIME

22. Horitaka

21. Ed Hardy

20. Cliff Raven

19. Horiyoshi 2

18. Sailor Jerry

17. Chris Trevino

16. Filip Leu

15. Paul Booth

14. Paul Rogers

13. Adrian Lee

12. Greg Irons

11. Leo Zuletta

10. Stony St. Clair

9. Bob Roberts

8. Horiyoshi 3

7. Aaron Cain

6. Bert Grimm

5. Pat Fish

4. Marcus Pacheco

3. Mike Malone

2. Tatts Thomas

1. Dan Higgs

Now that is just my opinion and on the fly.

in no particular order, these are my favorite current tattooers i guess you could say. it's just people who's stuff i like and who i would get tattooed by or have been tattooed by that i liked. I might not be able to think of 25 off the top of my head but here's some...

Jeff Rassier

Scott Sylvia

Tim Lehi

Robert Ryan

Dan Higgs

Krooken Ken

Tomas Garcia

Scott McEwan

Nick Collela

Timmy Tatts

Oliver Peck

Mike Wilson

Richard Stell

Bob Roberts

Ed Hardy

I am learning of artists work everyday it seems so My list is far from complete but so far I really like the work from these artists in no particular order

james spencer briggs

tim hendricks

Kore flatmo

grime

enrique castillo

oliver peck

mario desa

Scott sylvia

Valerie vargas

stewart robson

horisha III

I would say I am way too biased towards the people I know to make an objective list. Certainly everyone that has been mentioned in this topic deserves to be on some kind of list.

I guess the only thing I can say is where is Rollo? I guess he was mentioned on one persons list but still.

I'm with David, I don't think I could make an objectionable list. I think mine would look fairly similar to those already up here, though. Perhaps with the addition of Philadelphia Eddie, Rat and Charlie Roberts. Crap... that's sort of a list already, isn't it?

Also I think that a list made by me in Portland Oregon is going to be a lot different than someone living in England, Germany, or even New York for that matter.

Great tattooers are great tattooers, it doesn't matter if you are willing to travel, or are able to be tattooed by them. Dan Higgs and Sailor Jerry have both influenced the world of tattooing but, no body has a chance to get a tattoo from them. That still doesn't mean you cant respect them.

Agreed and I think guys like Higgs and Sailor Jerry make just about everyone's list. But there are a good number of people on anyone's list that are their not only because they are great tattooers but they influenced you personally or a the particular region in which they tattoo. Some may not get as much national recognition but top notch tattooers nonetheless.

For my actual list:

25. Leo Zulueta

24. Sailor Jerry

23. Mike Wilson

22. Cliff Raven

21. Marcus Pacheco

20. Thomas Hooper

19. Hexa

18. Deno

17. Dana Brunson

16. Adam Shrewsbury

15. Robert Ryan

14. Zeke Owens

13. Bob Roberts

12. Horiyoshi III

11. Filip Leu

10. Devita.

09. Jack Rudy

08. Fred Corbin

07. Ed Hardy

06. Eddie Deustche

05. Dave Lum

04. Mike Malone

03. Guy Aitchison

02. Paul Rogers

01. Daniel Higgs

I think everyone's #1 should be:

Shawn Porter

Sure, I don't actually tattoo... but I really want to be everyone's favorite. So yeah. Change your lists or we're TOTALLY not friends anymore.

xox

Is your tattooer stage name Squid Pants?

ah,Ms Fauser, still wearin em. the coolest story Ive got about charlie has nuthin to do with tattoos. So, we close the shop one night, smoke a couple n go to the damn grocery store. some cat is moochin in the parkin lot, damned if the ol man didnt buy the urchin a whole buggy full of groceries. a very giving man. didnt even really talk to the fcker. thats his idea of christian. grant me this , Im an atheist still, following ,what I think are buddhist philosophies. that ,GTC, is a sweet ol fcker.