Areas of your body you WON'T tattoo

Ursula

If I became smashingly successful in my field and I could tattoo anything without any consequence, I'd leave my neck (on the front and side) and face alone. I think side and front neck tattoos often make necks look shorter and are unflattering, and facial tattoos just aren't for me.

I thought of a new one to add on top of the face which is the armpit. Way too painful and I would have to shave my armpits often just to sport them anyway. I'll most likely NEVER tattoo my armpits.

I'm open to neck and hands after I retire though.

I think my body is jacked up. I didn't think ribs were so bad, and I don't imagine pits being too bad. But I'm told if you're ticklish there, it's going to really hurt.

speaking of man bits.... Dragon: Not Safe for Work ‹ Stewart Robson

***this not me. i have no dragons any where on my body.

WOW!!! That is actually an awesome dick pic! If you had asked me before if I thought a penis tattoo would be artful or aesthetically pleasing, I would most certainly have said "F@!K no!". I was wrong. Tips hat to mr @Stewart Robson. Verra nice!

So I know many of us are aiming for the full body look. I was curious what parts of your body you wouldn't tattoo?

For me it's my face, throat and breasts. I don't think it's stupid for other people to tattoo these areas, it's just not for me.

How about you?

I'm with you on the face,no face for me,my neck is cool IMO,

but not my penis for sure,and I would probably not do palms or armpits either.

I'm with you on the face,no face for me,my neck is cool IMO,

but not my penis for sure,and I would probably not do palms or armpits either.

Never's the word God likes to hear when he needs a laugh. I never thought I was "the sort of person" who'd opt for a genital tattoo. I have one that extends onto my pubis and plan to get others near/on that area to cover scars I deem unsightly.

Never going for genitals! Sod that!

Face is out of the running for me as well, I'm just not going to try and pull that off. I love the look of a well done pair of hand tattoo's and they are the spaces I'm most excited about filling, but that is a long, long time away for me.

Nobody else has said this yet (I don't think) but I wouldn't get the back of my knees done, I have suffered from bad eczema in that spot forever so anything put there would suffer :(

As of now: hands, neck, face, any place that will fade quickly (palms, bottom of feet, etc), stomach, inner thighs, butt

Some of that is for job reasons, some of it is because those are areas I plan on losing weight in. I'm not huge, but bigger than I would like to be. When I lose the weight, those last 3 places will become possibilities.

• 5 months later...

NEVER--Face, hands, ass, genitals, neck, armpit, foot, head

Really not into but could happen over time, but not likely LOL--stomach, ribs, legs-I just don't think tattoos look good w/ real hairy legs and I don't shave

Things like chest, wrist/forearm and back of neck are a yes but I'd REALLY want it to be something worth it and special and not too crazy

For the wrist/forearm, I'd have to actually really consider my career and goals, etc

I won't never tattoo 4 parts: hands, neck, face, head.

The face... simply because per my opinion your face attitude should stay our ONLY way to communicate feelings-good or bad- to other people who are watching you.. Let's say on other words: a part of your back, arm or leg could be tattooed because it's "death nature" item somewhere.. but your face is really alive and is the only perfect tool to express your feelings.

The head... difficult to analyse deeply my choice: maybe because I assume men or women with a tattoed head are part of a second category of tattoed family: the ones who want to shock, to inform they have probably realized at the face of this planet the most painfull tattoo which can exists. Just imagine the thousands of vibration which can occured during this tattoo act. Respect to them for it but head it's definitively not my cup of tee.

Internally, I'm probably dreaming about tattoing my hands and neck but working in Finance universe, it's really not a good idea: If one day I leave for a new position in another company, i would probably have no chances to get a new good position with hands or neck tattoo in front of the supervisor's eyes..

I grew up with the intention, & the values of never touching my face, neck or hands.

After many years of acquiring my suit, well, I kind of figured only then, I earned to have my hands & neck sleeved in. And I have to say, at first I felt a little odd with my neck & hands being so exposed, but love those tattoos & feel they really compliment the suit work.

I remember when I was 18 & wanting my hands done, although there was no way any tattooer would until you reached the stage of completion.

I appreciated that sound advice, & fully understand the reasoning behind it. I had to wait 28 years to extend :)

Will never touch my face for obvious reasons, & probably not my head. Only because I don't want to shave my hair, otherwise, head tattoos are faaarkin' awesome.

Yay! I'm very un-hairy for being a man, also blonde, I'm going to get BOTH my armpits tattooed. Fuck ya'll!

Edit: heh… what's the problem, why not the armpits? Pain? Pfff..

Yeah, what ^is^ the problem with armpits? Is it just the pain or is there Other Stuff? Hadn't occurred to me that it was anything but standard, if you will. We're getting round to that point, I think, but apart from assuming it'd be a bit sharp I'd not really thought about it, or thought to ask for that matter.

I'll almost certainly not have most of my forearms done, nor backs of hands, neck, face or genitals. My toes are very short indeed so probably useless, who knows. I think palms (and maybe fingers) will be a must when I'm 'done'. Time will tell, I guess.