Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower leg tattoo

Images

Re: Lower leg tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by hogg View Post
    I had to re-read this last night. My new Burk leopard head was killing me--the swelling was intense! I had to rig a few extra pillows and try to sleep with it elevated. I think I'm probably past the worst of it. Funny how it's always more painful the night after than during.
    Hahah yea the night/day after is usually intense, especially on the legs. Also take some anti-inflamatories. Helps a bit for sure.
    "The ass tattoo: a deep and searing pain that lasts for days, a memory that lasts a lifetime." - Hogg
    If your new here, READ THIS!
    Is your tattoo infected and aftercare FAQ
    If you have questions please PM a moderator.

Champion Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by hogg View Post
    I had to re-read this last night. My new Burk leopard head was killing me--the swelling was intense! I had to rig a few extra pillows and try to sleep with it elevated. I think I'm probably past the worst of it. Funny how it's always more painful the night after than during.
    Since my last post on this thread I had the lower inside of my leg tattooed. I'ts right what you say about the pain. I only started to experience bad pain a day or two after the tattoo. It was so bad I took three half days off work and that was four days after the tattoo.

I was told that as you get older you experience more swelling and pain in lower leg tattoos. It's to do with the circulation in your legs not being quite as good.

That feeling when you get out of bed and stand up. Horrible.

Moderator Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jade1955 View Post
    That feeling when you get out of bed and stand up. Horrible.
    You ain't never lied, my man!

It's still a little sore this morning, but the swelling has finally gone down (some but not entirely). Just in time for me to get my knee tattooed this Sunday....
    Likes jade1955, Duffa, SStu liked this.

Images

I only have a couple of small tattoos on the insides of my lower legs (between ankle and the calf muscle...one climbs slightly onto the calf) and I thought they were the easiest tattoos I've gotten so far. Didn't hurt too much getting them, and I really had no problems in healing them. Now I'm concerned that I've tricked myself into thinking that the rest of my lower legs will be a breeze and that they're actually going to completely suck when I figure out what to do with them.

Blog Entries

I would rather get my belly tattooed again over dealing with leg tattoos healing.

BTW: @hogg that leopard is sweet.
    Likes hogg liked this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBlazeAlot View Post
    peacethefuckkouttthomosss

i'll be here moaning in a few weeks. Never like healing the legs, and this is gonna be a biggun.

Champion Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Images

I may be in this thread tomorrow complaining. Although most of the tattoos on my lower legs have been ok when healing, you just never know. @hogg I may have missed this in another thread, but what are you getting Sunday?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnPorter View Post
    Duffa to tattooer: Man, you smell like a wallaby just cracked a fat; can you make my tribal more tribal?

Moderator Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Duffa View Post
    I may be in this thread tomorrow complaining. Although most of the tattoos on my lower legs have been ok when healing, you just never know. @hogg I may have missed this in another thread, but what are you getting Sunday?
    I got nothing; the appointment fell through. But hopefully I'll be back in this Sunday or next.

Update on my ankle: the swelling's been gone for a few days now and it feels fine. Still a bit scabby, but that's to be expected.

Images

Don't everybody get too worked up, 'cuz you never know.

My lower leg sleeve/sock (whatever) was one of my most painless. Some, but not a lot of swelling. The initial (wrapped) healing was quick and residual healing was slow - but I'm an old fart, too, so I've got less blood heading in that direction these days.

Champion Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SStu View Post
    My lower leg sleeve/sock (whatever)
    I believe the scientific term is "lower squid pants" however a citation will be needed
    Likes missStark, SStu liked this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnPorter View Post
    Duffa to tattooer: Man, you smell like a wallaby just cracked a fat; can you make my tribal more tribal?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast