Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Graeme
  • 1 Post By Killercook76
  • 2 Post By Hospitelli

Thread: extreme thick scabbing

Ex-Lurker
    Images

extreme thick scabbing

I have taken very good care of my foot tattoo. I have had other tattoos and none of them scabbed over like this one. I am now on week 3 of healing and the really thick scabs are coming off but I am very concerned about the look after they come off. I know that the color will look faded but this seems a bit extreme to me. Please help! Should it darken up some more over time or is it totally messed up? I followed my after care instructions and I have never had healing issues like this before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails extreme thick scabbing-20130824_230604.jpg  

Images

Re: extreme thick scabbing

I've had scabs come off tattoos and they look light like that but then settled in just fine. Give it some time.

Had a scab, not that thick come off a little early on my last piece and the black looked extremely light but has since settled just fine
    DISCE PATI
    'Oh Discordia'

Images

My black piece had all the scabbing come off early and it's not looking too bad. It is only a couple of weeks old though so still healing. when all the finer skin scabby leftover go away it'll look ace. I was stressing majorly too. I do have to have a couple of places that need touching up but my son accidentally scratched me. He managed to rake his nails through the whole lot

Don't stress too much. I've heard from a few people that feet seem to take a little longer to heal

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, forgot to ask if it's where white ink is that's mega scabby? My sister had heaps of issues with her white getting super thick scabs but it healed just fine... just took longer

Ex-Lurker
    Images

sorry, forgot to ask if it's where white ink is that's mega scabby? My sister had heaps of issues with her white getting super thick scabs but it healed just fine... just took longer[/QUOTE]

The only white used was to lighten the blue to give a more textured look to the wings. The scab is on the black too. I will try to stop stressing about it. I wanted to post a pick so people could see exactly what I was talking about.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I will post another pic when it finally done healing

Images

I'm guessing it's just where they layered one ink over another. Just a guess (educated one). Pretty sure it'll heal. I've been doing a heap of research because getting both of my feet done within 24 hours in a month. apparently they're notorious for drying out.

Yes, I'm crazy getting both feet in 24 hours but running is my cigarette substitute so can't take more time than needed off.

Contributor
    Blog Entries
    Images

give it time! Certain areas don't heal as fast as others... my ribs took about 2 weeks more than my arms so just be patient. you will be fine!!If something goes wrong just get a touch up! It's really no biggie!

Regular
    Images

Foot tattoos are probably one of the most hardest places to heal. I had my foot done July 24th and it too scabbed up pretty good. In fact there are some spots on my foot that are still scabbed over. The key is to just let the healing process take it course however long it takes and to not pick the scabs. I was worried at first that I was going to need a touch up cause the blacks look so faded after the scabs naturally fell off but like others have said it's turned out fine.
    BrianH and jody9981 like this.

Images

I had one tattoo on my upper foot get infected, looks nothing like the picture in this post. Mine had a thick scabbing in a crease which eventually lifted and had pus coming out from it. It took the ink with it, which I had touched up after it healed.

My mistake was wearing dark socks to work over it 2 days after it was done. I did tape a telfa pad over it, but it slipped down during the day.

Rob
    I consider myself as an idiot-savant, but without the savant part....

Support LST!