Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Sports Tattoos?

Sports Tattoos?

I know there are probably more than enough people out there with their favorite sports team logo tattooed on their biceps but has anyone ever seen classy ones? I would love to see some creative traditional style sports tattoos. Here are some examples of what I am NOT talking about for all of us to laugh at:

Images
    I've never seen a classy one. Of course I don't understand tattooing someone else's logo on your body.

Champion Site Supporter
    Blog Entries

Re: Sports Tattoos?

Someone in a shop near me did this one recently.

I've seen some well done pin up girl style tattoos wearing a team's jersey.

Champion

this is by zach nelligan. straight up team logos are lame, but Im totally down with a tattoo like this one. Zach also posted another baseball tattoo with the diamond and some other things incorporated. It was really awesome.

I love baseball-grew up playing it-so at some point I know that Id like to get a baseball related tattoo.

edit-the one thing i don't like about this tattoo is the mustacheod gentleman. i really don't like the whole 1800s/1900s gentleman with mustache designs, but this is still an awesome sports tattoo. if i'd have gotten this, the dude just wouldn't have the mustache.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Our Endless Days View Post

this is by zach nelligan. straight up team logos are lame, but I’m totally down with a tattoo like this one. Zach also posted another baseball tattoo with the diamond and some other things incorporated. It was really awesome.

I love baseball-grew up playing it-so at some point I know that I’d like to get a baseball related tattoo.

edit-the one thing i don't like about this tattoo is the mustacheod gentleman. i really don't like the whole 1800s/1900s gentleman with mustache designs, but this is still an awesome sports tattoo. if i'd have gotten this, the dude just wouldn't have the mustache.
    I'm with you on this one. I like this tattoo, but anything with someone else's logo is lame.

Images

At the 2011 Montreal Convention Josh Mason had a bunch of drawings of portraits of classic hockey players (I remember Maurice Richard, can't remember who else he had) but I don't know if he tattooed any of them. They were really cool drawings.
    Jack likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Our Endless Days View Post

this is by zach nelligan. straight up team logos are lame, but I’m totally down with a tattoo like this one. Zach also posted another baseball tattoo with the diamond and some other things incorporated. It was really awesome.

I love baseball-grew up playing it-so at some point I know that I’d like to get a baseball related tattoo.

This is what I was thinking about, I agree with you on the moustache. I would never get a logo but a lot of sports team mascots are good tattoo subjects, tigers, bears, etc.

Images

Wow, love that baseball tattoo!

I'm a huge football (soccer) fan but i would never consider getting a team badge/crest tattooed on my body. Having said that, the badge for my favourite club (Arsenal) is an old style cannon, which i think would make quite a nice tattoo if done in a traditional style.

Images

Liverpool-themed tattoo by Ross Nagle, might be the sort of thing the OP was talking about being possible (i.e a trad take on it).

I like some of the boxing tattoos floating around from the likes of Xam etc.

This is one is a BKB (bare knuckle boxing) one by Chris Smith, Chicago. Guess it's about the symbolism or idea of what the sport represents more than the sport itself, but it still qualifies, right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sports Tattoos?-558174_10150995420502883_1440019252_n.jpg  
    jacobhh likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Support LST!