Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 2930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb Hipster Tattoos

Kev
    Champion Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Re: Dumb Hipster Tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by aleksksks View Post
    I should have probably put that in the Swastika thread but I saw it later, it's not supposed to be a Nazi swastika anyway, based on the artist who did it and the rest of his work that's pretty obvious but I thought I should clarify that here
    I'm sure it's supposed to be clever.

I am in full support of making fun of hipsters, they are some of the funniest people around. But Ive have noticed its usually people who are pretty close to being a hipster themselves that do it the most; people I would call hipsters. Continue the hatred, I love it, but lets spread the hate around a little you know. What about gangsters, bros, douche bags, jocks, preps, hippies, punks, party people, cool guys, all are very funny too. What about blacks?! Oh ya thats not PC.....FUCKING HIPSTERS!

Moderator Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Warwolf View Post
    Continue the hatred, I love it, but lets spread the hate around a little you know. What about gangsters, bros, douche bags, jocks, preps, hippies, punks, party people, cool guys, all are very funny too. What about blacks?! Oh ya thats not PC.....FUCKING HIPSTERS!
    Dude, this is the second time you've brought up some derogatory shit about black folks. First time was in the knuckle tattoo thread (http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/for...av-page12.html).. It's not about "being PC" it's about not spreading negativity or racism just to be funny or get a rise out of people.. I'm sure you joke with your friends about some things, and when I'm around my good friends, we talk a lot of bullshit about pretty much everything, but we know the limits of what's considered funny within our group.. and that's probably where you should keep your love of ignorant knuckle tattoos and whatever else you wanna do to "continue the hatred." I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it –– I'm hoping you didn't mean anything by it –– but it's tough to see through that kind of bullshit on the internet.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by gougetheeyes View Post
    Dude, this is the second time you've brought up some derogatory shit about black folks. First time was in the knuckle tattoo thread (http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/for...av-page12.html).. It's not about "being PC" it's about not spreading negativity or racism just to be funny or get a rise out of people.. I'm sure you joke with your friends about some things, and when I'm around my good friends, we talk a lot of bullshit about pretty much everything, but we know the limits of what's considered funny within our group.. and that's probably where you should keep your love of ignorant knuckle tattoos and whatever else you wanna do to "continue the hatred." I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it –– I'm hoping you didn't mean anything by it –– but it's tough to see through that kind of bullshit on the internet.
    Fuckin' A.
    Check out my star bitch. -dcostello
    http://www.elgintattoo.com

Blog Entries
    Images

@Warwolf, I think @gougetheeyes is being generous in giving you the benefit of the doubt. Keep it off of LST.

Quote Originally Posted by dari View Post
    @Warwolf, I think @gougetheeyes is being generous in giving you the benefit of the doubt. Keep it off of LST.
    I think we are all in agreement on this.
    Likes Patriot Ink Tattoo liked this.

Images

Back on the topic of dumb hipster tattoos and away from the other nonsense. I'm curious about some things I like, but I'm a bit concerned they might be considered hipster tattoos. For instance I see a lot of owl tattoos, and generally like them, but I've heard some people consider them hipster shit. I really like flower tattoos as well, but have seen a big increase in people who wouldn't otherwise get tattooed getting them because they're a bit more of a socially acceptable image. The ironic tattoos seem to have done this recently. It seems like at one time only seriously tattooed people would dream of getting things like a ham sandwich tattooed on them, and now there seems to be a lot of "normal" people with this stuff. Am I just too paranoid?

I think that just blanket judging owl tattoos as 'hipster' or trendy is giving way too much power to the sort of people who get stupid or ironic tattoos. Owls are a pretty timeless subject for a tattoo in my opinion, and transcend the comings and goings of fashion, unlike a ham sandwich, or an ape in a tuxedo riding a penny farthing.
    Likes TrixieFaux, posterboy7596 liked this.

Images

I think if you like it, fucking get it. Trends, hipsters, tribal, etc will come and go. What about the people getting traditional stuff in the late 80's early 90's when it wasn't "cool" and now it is. Don't get me wrong I have always loved traditional work. I have it and will continue to get it. But I am also starting to get sick of seeing it on fucking everyone. There is always going to be a trend that co-insides with what you already enjoy. Sorry for the rant. And back to the fucking hipsters....
    Check out my star bitch. -dcostello
    http://www.elgintattoo.com

Ok ok ill keep the negativity focused to what the group consensus deems acceptable. Pabst tastes like ass.