Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Some of the worst ever.

Images

Re: Some of the worst ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    This thread has bummed me out for awhile, not because of the tattoos but moreso because it isn't elevating tattooing. Its not educating. I don't think anyone would tell their friends/peers/etc about all the worst restaurants in the area if they wanted to answer the question of "what's you favorite place to eat". Nobody would post links to the worst web design or the crappiest album that they're not listening to...I guess I just don't get it. I'm not saying that I haven't fallen victim to it but I think everyone here is above the level of seeking out amatuer efforts for the purposes of entertainment.

I could perhaps, be suffering from the overwhelming negativity of political ads as well as the endless amount of "opinions" and "critisisms" that is the internet. If people put as much effort in doing the good and sharing positivity, we'd all be better people for it.
    I might just be a prick, but are you putting one of these "elevate tattooing post" in the 'Random Pic Thread' or the 'Hipster Tattoo Thread"?
    Some people like a laugh. plain and simple. If this thread bums you out so much, why are you reading it? Or Did you not even take the time to go through all the pages, found you fell sorry for the scratchers and then decided to knock the dust off the soap box.
    So, maybe, you should realize that good AND BAD tattoos help educate. I wish some people knew that every "tattoo shop" they walked into, or every post on craigslist for a tattoo, wasn't gonna "Look like the one's on the TV".
    Sorry to be a dick, I'm just following suite.
    YOMONEY likes this.
    Check out my star bitch. -dcostello
    http://www.elgintattoo.com

Contributor

yeah, i was gonna say.. theres nothing funny about talking about bad resturants or albums.. this shit here though..

but im with you on being bummed.. i came across a couple megathreads with some really sad shit, and then too much of that shit made me sad too (but because of all the really bad tattoos)..

now im going to watch the debate and get more sad..

but if you want gold.. ------>BAD TATTOOS<------ - Page 147 - THE WRITERS FORUM - THE GRAFFITI DESTINATION

that thread is it..

Images

Quote Originally Posted by reverend1 View Post
    Mine all belong to my wife. None are plastic, instead they are these pricey metal art pieces. I think there are around 10 or so around the pool.
    Mine are the cheapest shit plastic ones... I had 2 but 1 got disappeared on me. Nothin' classy about mine.

Rob
    I consider myself as an idiot-savant, but without the savant part....

Images

Honestly, that scratchy upside down cross between the boobs is metal as fuck. I dig it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Ink Tattoo View Post
    I might just be a prick, but are you putting one of these "elevate tattooing post" in the 'Random Pic Thread' or the 'Hipster Tattoo Thread"?
    Some people like a laugh. plain and simple. If this thread bums you out so much, why are you reading it? Or Did you not even take the time to go through all the pages, found you fell sorry for the scratchers and then decided to knock the dust off the soap box.
    So, maybe, you should realize that good AND BAD tattoos help educate. I wish some people knew that every "tattoo shop" they walked into, or every post on craigslist for a tattoo, wasn't gonna "Look like the one's on the TV".
    Sorry to be a dick, I'm just following suite.
    Nevermind, carry on. Educate on. Best of luck

Champion

TATTR

just go through a few pages of this tumblr. fucking terrible. some of them really aren't poorly done, but the concepts are just fucking stupid.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Our Endless Days View Post
    TATTR

just go through a few pages of this tumblr. fucking terrible. some of them really aren't poorly done, but the concepts are just fucking stupid.
    Yeah I don't like the style, but yeah I wouldn't consider them the worst I have seen, not even the worst I have seen today and I have only been up an hour.

Champion

i'm curious how some of those will hold up/look over time. they've got black outlines, and then a mess of color just thrown in there.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by David Flores View Post
    I feel sorry for those who go to a shop and still get a shitty tattoo. I would like to blame all the people tattooing out of their house for shitty tattoos, but realistically they still only represent a small portion of bad tattoos done.

On a slightly related note, I poked around the ads on craigslist portland today and found that many of these people offering cheap tattoos either aren't bad or are posting pictures of others people's work to trick people which is probably the case as their seem to be some difference in approach that don't add up.

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
    great tattoos here

Now here's a shop located on probably the busiest intersection in the the most hipster neighborhood in portland, been there for years cranking out shitty work and their are three other shops on that street who's work is comparable.

jesse's tattoos | Facebook

Picking between the fake portfolio of the craigslist guy or the shop that clearly doesn't know what they are doing? I can see how people would rather go with people off craigslist who they don't realize are fake vs shops like these.
    For sure, most people with shitty tattoos got them at shops. There are plenty of shops around here that are putting on utterly terrible tattoos. The girl from the Craigslist as I posted claimed to have been "certified" by a scratcher shop, so it's even worse than them putting on bad tattoos, they're actively perpetuating it.

But at the same time, and this is what I was trying to get at before, if you are going to permanently modify your physical appearance, it's your responsibility to make sure that it's done well. That means going around town looking at and comparing portfolios (or at least doing that on the internet), it means doing research into styles and designs, into what makes a good tattoo, etc, etc. There are so many great Internet resources: LST is so amazing in so many different ways and I'ce learned a lot from here. There are some good tumblrs like Dermagraphique: A Tattoo Critique and http://critink.tumblr.com that offer some solid insights on good and bad tattoo design and execution. Guen Douglas wrote some great posts for the TAM blog about how to look at and assess portfolios. There's more information out there than there ever has been, even if it's hidden among a lot of shit. Getting great tattoos isn't that hard if you're willing to put the time, effort, and money into it, and I don't see any good reason why anybody should do it half-assed.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Our Endless Days View Post
    TATTR

ok, this might sound like I'm a prick. (once again.)(the first time i was being a prick though, lol) Anyway, maybe, you should put this in a thread about tattoos that you don't care for. These examples you've given seem to be solid tattoos. I don't really care for the style, but as for the technical ability of these artist, I feel it is at the complete opposite end of the spectrum as the artists that were originally posted in this thread.
    Just a thought.
    Check out my star bitch. -dcostello
    http://www.elgintattoo.com

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast