Worst Tattoo You've Witnessed

Lochlan

Dumbest I've seen or heard of was some moron bonehead in Sacramento with "OIL" tattooed on his forehead. See, it was supposed to be "OI!" but the execution of the tattoo may have been a little lacking....

There was a guy with SATAN tattooed on his forehead running around Sacramento as well. That one was actually well done.

MY FAVORITE is a guy that I see on Polk St from time to time with a big SCORPIONS tattoo on his chest. Decent work from what I could tell. Dude is rad and loves talking about Michael Schenker, UFO, and the Scorps.

• 1 month later...
my friend got this last week in the back room at a clothing store. Worst tattoo i've seen personally

On the bright side, it won't be hard to cover someday. Was it a "buy an outfit, get a free tattoo" special?

• 2 weeks later...

there was a man on , i think,Xst & broadway in downtown Sacramento . I seem to remember him as Broadway Bob. My 1st wife, as some know is and was an Anthropologist and has writin books on our subject.Well ,she found "Bob" interesting.He had never known another Tattooer.His mom was a marine, so,she bought him ,i think a Zeis kit. which of course was a pile of parts.He ,as he told us, put this junk together,and started to tattoo his mom. Thats how he learned. I seem to remember him saying, it was the only thing he had ever done for a living. this was around 89'. It was amazing. he had a curtain,as i remember,so you couldnt see him scribble up your design. he used coat hanger as a top contact,which he would remove about every 90 seconds. Then he would stuff the coat hanger in the clamp and hack it off with a pair of sidecutters. it really was amazing. He had no tattoos and said he didnt even like them,damn it was impressive. He would take a butterknife, stick it to a magnet he had in a small bench vice. squirt a little pigment on the knife, and stick his tip to it to pick up the color. You could hear the dirty needles ring off of the knife, beautiful! I know this story and witnessed it first hand because my 1st had him put my name with a sparrow on her upper arm.she, i guess wanted to see what the worst was. Now you need to understand she already had a full sleeve by Billy Salmon. which was quite nice. So. thats the worst Ive ever seen.very memorable. And if you never had a customer" let" you spell a name wrong, keep tattooing. It will happen. P.S. i dont know of any other tattooers that ever saw this guy work. i think most people in those days were just too disgusted. Im sure he died pretty lonely. kinda sad. This business has blown up so much since then , I dont think you younger tattooers realize how fortunate it is now. people will talk about it. Hell ,Blogs on the subject, it really is amazing. Some of the best tattooers nowdays took a lot of crap to learn this craft. I think Scott used to tell me Miller would randomly taze him for fun. ya'll got it pretty sweet. internet supplies? It still amazes me.

• 2 weeks later...

i had a job working at the front desk of a college dormitory, including signing in guests after hours. a girl always came in with her boyfriend, who had PERSAVERANCE down his forearm (yes, i misspelled it... so did he), obviously home made. he turned out to be a really cool, funny dude, but that always cracked me up.

up there with that is a tattoo a friend of mine who works at a gas station saw one night... a well executed tattoo of the word FAMILY on someone's leg, but in Comic Sans. he said it was really difficult to not say that he loved it and ask for a picture. i really, really wish he would have.

Worst I know of is my ridiculously thick ex boyfriend. He actually had some really good linework on his arm for a sleeve until we broke up and he decided he didn't want to go back to my friend's studio (or pay him the money he owed him), but that's another story...

The idiot, of course, is stupid enough to own a tattoo "kit", and decided to get the word "HOPELESS" on his knuckles. Trouble is, he got mixed up when he was doing it and ended up with "LESS HOPE".

I really do know how to pick 'em.