I have flown to San Francisco twice and Philly once from Texas. I stopped by Blackheart both times but never got tattooed there. Drove to Dallas to get tattooed by Lehi and willing to fly to London if Valerie Vargas gets an opening.

post-25-146168830124_thumb.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Here is the sheep from lehi and a tiger head for bob roberts

I got my first tattoo while traveling, some what on a whim. It was at Bowery Tattoo in New York, and I can't for the life of me remember the name of the gentleman who tattooed me.

I flew to New York around November of last year for the soul purpose of getting tattooed by Daniel Santoro, and Bert Krak.

It was awesome, they were both super nice and I was especially glad I made the extra trip out to Top Shelf in Queens to get zapped by mr.Krak.

Other than those all my tattoos have been done in my home town.

• 8 months later...

So to resurrect a thread....

Now getting serious about traveling to the UK to get some tattoos (currently looks like by Stewart, Duncan X, and possibly one more). Planning plane, hotel, etc...all very exciting. The thing I am wondering if any of you ran into was how do you send a deposit? I am lucky to live in NYC, with a lot of great artists within a subway ride away, so I always bring my deposits in person.

Also might hop over to San Francisco possibly in January-February (work/funds depending).

I have learned 2 things on this topic since joining this forum.

1. I dont NEED to travel any great distance to get a great tattoo. I have shops and artists capable of great tattoos as close as 10-15 minutes away and within an hour there are many. I am about an hour from Miami and just read somewhere that they have some ridiculously high number of shops per capita. I am sure many are crappy but there are many really good artists as well. The shop I have chosen to use is about 45 minutes from here. Like I said, there are plenty of good shops closer but I really like what I am seeing from these folks.

2. I WOULD travel to get a tattoo. I think I have come across as someone who wouldnt travel for a tattoo in other threads but the point was more that I dont need to travel to get a great one. I am fortunate to live in an area where this is the case. But as mentioned, Mike Wilson and many others at Inksmith and Rogers is about 4 hours away and I was just told about a great shop in Tampa that is about 4 hours away as well. So even though I dont NEED to travel far to get one, I COULD and certainly WOULD.

I have learned 2 things on this topic since joining this forum.

1. I dont NEED to travel any great distance to get a great tattoo. I have shops and artists capable of great tattoos as close as 10-15 minutes away and within an hour there are many. I am about an hour from Miami and just read somewhere that they have some ridiculously high number of shops per capita. I am sure many are crappy but there are many really good artists as well. The shop I have chosen to use is about 45 minutes from here. Like I said, there are plenty of good shops closer but I really like what I am seeing from these folks.

2. I WOULD travel to get a tattoo. I think I have come across as someone who wouldnt travel for a tattoo in other threads but the point was more that I dont need to travel to get a great one. I am fortunate to live in an area where this is the case. But as mentioned, Mike Wilson and many others at Inksmith and Rogers is about 4 hours away and I was just told about a great shop in Tampa that is about 4 hours away as well. So even though I dont NEED to travel far to get one, I COULD and certainly WOULD.

I really don't NEED to travel at all since I live in NYC, but I want to badly, simply because there are some artists' work out there that I want. I also like the idea of a bit of adventure with getting a tattoo far away. It's a bit different from driving there driving home, go to work the next day....boring

I really don't NEED to travel at all since I live in NYC, but I want to badly, simply because there are some artists' work out there that I want. I also like the idea of a bit of adventure with getting a tattoo far away. It's a bit different from driving there driving home, go to work the next day....boring

I guess that's my point. Before becoming interested in tattoos and before joining this forum, that wouldnt have made much sense to me. Now it makes perfect sense. I am getting this first one close to home but I can see doing a trip for the next one just to make it an adventure.