Jump to content

Milky stage?


Laurenellen1209
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi you lovely experts! 

Need a bit of advice here, this is my 6th piece, the one with the most colour 

Took 5 1/2 hours and I've got another hour at least left 

I've scabbed really badly with this one, as you can see, there's a few left to fall off 

I am moisturising at least 3 times a day, I'm just worried my last scab fell off too early or is this the milky stage? 

My other tattoos are all colour but haven't had this much red or colour go into them, longest tattoo so far being 6 hours 

 

Any advise would be amazing 

 

Thank-you! 

PXL_20211226_150902444.jpg

PXL_20211226_150837371.jpg

Edited by Laurenellen1209
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 times a day is too much. The point is to not let it completely dry out, although many people successfully use the dry heal method. Too much is worse than too little. Tattoos take 4-8 weeks to heal. Let it heal and get it touched up if necessary.

I'd find another artist too. That art work just isn't very good.

Edited by Hogrider
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

3 times a day is too much. The point is to not let it completely dry out, although many people successfully use the dry heal method. Too much is worse than too little. Tattoos take 4-8 weeks to heal. Let it heal and get it touched up if necessary.

I'd find another artist too. That art work just isn't very good.

Oh really? I've always done it 3 times a day during this stage 

I'll stick to twice a day, thanks 

Can I ask why you don't think it's very good? Artist is very skilled and has been tattooing a while, all other works done by her too and I thought the piece was good, just worried about the milky stage 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Laurenellen1209 said:

Oh really? I've always done it 3 times a day during this stage 

I'll stick to twice a day, thanks 

Can I ask why you don't think it's very good? Artist is very skilled and has been tattooing a while, all other works done by her too and I thought the piece was good, just worried about the milky stage 

It's very flat and two dimensional. Look up some really good work on the internet and you'll see the difference. There's lots of great work right on this site.

How long someone has been tattooing is irrelevant. I've seen lots of crappy work by people with many years of experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

It's very flat and two dimensional. Look up some really good work on the internet and you'll see the difference. There's lots of great work right on this site.

How long someone has been tattooing is irrelevant. I've seen lots of crappy work by people with many years of experience.

I didn't want a 3d effect, I'm having a whole HP sleeve and this is the 3rd piece to be added

 

I thought the work was very good, detailed, just slightly scabby and milky 

I'm due to go back again next month to have his wing finished and a touch up on the rest, I just wanted a bit of reassuring that this is my milky phase and not just white blobs on my tattoo 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Laurenellen1209 said:

I didn't want a 3d effect, I'm having a whole HP sleeve and this is the 3rd piece to be added

 

I thought the work was very good, detailed, just slightly scabby and milky 

I'm due to go back again next month to have his wing finished and a touch up on the rest, I just wanted a bit of reassuring that this is my milky phase and not just white blobs on my tattoo 😂

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. Go look in this thread - https://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/t/12-latest-tattoo-lowdown/

You'll see lots of great tattoos. It's not a "3D" effect, it's about a great artist making a tattoo look alive and a mediocre artist making a tattoo look flat and lifeless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure we can't see the actual tattoo and details because of the layer of dried skin /scab on top. So there's no way to tell the quality of the actual art from these photos. Lauren, sorry someone's trying to bum you out but I'd love to see the healed tattoo - or, you could post a photo of the freshly done tattoo, if you like. That should show the detail, for those curious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Arrowsmith said:

I'm pretty sure we can't see the actual tattoo and details because of the layer of dried skin /scab on top. So there's no way to tell the quality of the actual art from these photos. Lauren, sorry someone's trying to bum you out but I'd love to see the healed tattoo - or, you could post a photo of the freshly done tattoo, if you like. That should show the detail, for those curious. 

I'll post a photo once healed and finished, I'm due back in on 14th to finish his wing off and add final colour and shading 

Haven't got a freshly done photo as she didn't take any with it not being finished but as soon as its done, I'll post 

Scabs are nearly almost off now, taken some colour so that's gonna need a touch up but he's looking okay for now 🙂

Thanks for your help x 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/29/2021 at 6:26 PM, Arrowsmith said:

I'm pretty sure we can't see the actual tattoo and details because of the layer of dried skin /scab on top. So there's no way to tell the quality of the actual art from these photos. Lauren, sorry someone's trying to bum you out but I'd love to see the healed tattoo - or, you could post a photo of the freshly done tattoo, if you like. That should show the detail, for those curious. 

No. @Hogrider being honest. It doesn't look very good. At all. Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Laurenellen1209 said:

Again, how so? Because of the scab or the work? 

Scabs all off now and it looks fine, finishing off next week 

@Hogrider already told you that. You just don't want to hear it. I guess if you are happy with it, that's all that matters. I wouldn't go back to the artist in a million years.

As for the guy above, "Arrowsmith" or whatever, I have no idea of the quality of the tattoos he has (if he has any) or any indication if he knows what he's talking about—he's posted here once time. @Hogriderand I are both covered and have been posting here for years, so you might want to consider the source. Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, oboogie said:

@Hogrider already told you that. You just don't want to hear it. I guess if you are happy with it, that's all that matters. I wouldn't go back to the artist in a million years.

As for the guy above, "Arrowsmith" or whatever, I have no idea of the quality of the tattoos he has (if he has any) or any indication if he knows what he's talking about—he's posted here once time. @Hogriderand I are both covered and have been posting here for years, so you might want to consider the source. Good luck.

As I've already stated, this isn't finished, but again thanks for slating the work of a reputable tattooist 

 

Artist is MollieJaneArt on Instagram, go message her and slate her yourself 

 

Thanks 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Laurenellen1209 said:

As I've already stated, this isn't finished, but again thanks for slating the work of a reputable tattooist 

 

Artist is MollieJaneArt on Instagram, go message her and slate her yourself 

 

Thanks 😊

Bless your heart. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/29/2021 at 7:26 PM, Arrowsmith said:

I'm pretty sure we can't see the actual tattoo and details because of the layer of dried skin /scab on top. So there's no way to tell the quality of the actual art from these photos. Lauren, sorry someone's trying to bum you out but I'd love to see the healed tattoo - or, you could post a photo of the freshly done tattoo, if you like. That should show the detail, for those curious. 

So I can’t see what I’m seeing??? WTF???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Laurenellen1209 said:

As I've already stated, this isn't finished, but again thanks for slating the work of a reputable tattooist 

 

Artist is MollieJaneArt on Instagram, go message her and slate her yourself 

 

Thanks 😊

You seem to be hung up on reputation and experience. Only the final product matters.

If you can’t handle criticism, don’t post on a public forum. We’re actually trying to HELP you here. 
 

As far as going on the artists site to trash them, what a childish thing to say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I came for advise on the milky stage and that was it, nothing else 

I didn't come for my tattoo to be slated or for the artist to be questioned either 

I completely trust her work and her work is done beautifully

This piece isn't finished, it's wrapped around my arm and I literally just took the quickest photo so it's not the best picture either, it also isn't fully healed and the final product once finished will look amazing and like all the others she's done on me and other clients 

While I appreciate all the comments, I came for advise on one thing and not to have the work slated 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2022 at 7:40 AM, Laurenellen1209 said:

I came for advise on the milky stage and that was it, nothing else 

I didn't come for my tattoo to be slated or for the artist to be questioned either 

I completely trust her work and her work is done beautifully

This piece isn't finished, it's wrapped around my arm and I literally just took the quickest photo so it's not the best picture either, it also isn't fully healed and the final product once finished will look amazing and like all the others she's done on me and other clients 

While I appreciate all the comments, I came for advise on one thing and not to have the work slated 

I'm not sure how you can look at that tattoo, then look at the outstanding work on a lot of people here and come to the conclusion that your artist is good.

 

dog looking.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hogrider said:

I'm not sure how you can look at that tattoo, then look at the outstanding work on a lot of people here and come to the conclusion that your artist is good.

 

dog looking.gif

Can you read? 

It's not finished!

It's got a lot of work left to go on this and once finished and fully healed, it's going to look absolutely fine 

Again it's not the best photo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Laurenellen1209 said:

Can you read? 

It's not finished!

It's got a lot of work left to go on this and once finished and fully healed, it's going to look absolutely fine 

Again it's not the best photo 

Reading comprehension is not your friend. Let me be more clear - it’s a shit tattoo, the artwork is awful, you can’t fix that and it has nothing to do with the pic. Get it now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Hogrider said:

I'm not sure how you can look at that tattoo, then look at the outstanding work on a lot of people here and come to the conclusion that your artist is good.

 

dog looking.gif

Can you read? 

It's not finished!

It's got a lot of work left to go on this and once finished and fully healed, it's going to look absolutely fine 

Again it's not the best photo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...