Best way to unveil?

jdub

So, at one time we all had to unveil our work done to family, etc. I have told my ma that I was getting a tattoo and showed her it ... entire inner forearm. And she reacted pretty positively.  Strange as she is old (I'm 52 lol) and very conservative. Of course, since then I have gotten quite a bit more done.

My plan is to wear long sleeve shirts and roll up to elbows (all work so far on arms) and let her get used to the idea. We are set to all go to Hawaii in June and can't unveil all at once ... she might have a stroke lol.

Any strategy advice...? Haha and yes I care, although I'm 52 she still my ma you know?

Sent by pecking on phone

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 10:49 AM, oboogie said:

Just wear what you want to wear. My parents don't like my tattoos, either, but I don't hide them intentionally. If they see them, they see them. They know they are part of me, and they love me.

Reminds me of the old blues tune, "Nobody loves me but my mama, and I think she might be jiving me too."

• 5 months later...
On 12/29/2021 at 8:32 AM, Hogrider said:

It’s like a bandaid, just rip it off.

Yep, I’m not even doing an unveil. People see it when they see it. I’m doing this for me, not them. My wife has no idea I’m getting a tattoo. Well, maybe she does, she was asking weird questions last night. Tattoos have a certain stigma here in Japan so I doubt that my in-laws will ever know.  Of course if I’m changing shirts and they see it, so be it,