Face tattoo

Moonchild3

Hey new to the forum!! 

I’m getting a face tattoo in a few days (on my forehead between the brows and along the topside of the brow line.) 

anyways I’ve used pretty harsh chemicals on my face for years and years and years and years and years (you get the point) peroxide/salicylic creams. I have naturally oily skin and I sweat from my face. But it’s the winter so sweating isn’t too much of an issue. My question is mostly about before sessions and after care. I know I can not use the products in that location after the tattoo until it’s healed but should i skip a couple days before? Anyway use these products and get a tattoo on the face. I’d be interested to hear your experiences with healing? . 

8 minutes ago, Moonchild3 said:

I have several tattoos, because it’s my face and my choice, it’s a small tattoo, and no it isn’t eyebrows… it’s a tribal tattoo. With great meaning to me. 

Ah I see, it wasn’t clear whether it was cosmetic or a regular tattoo. Nothing wrong with that if that’s what you want. I don’t have any experience with face tattoos but I imagine you would try and leave the creams for a couple of days before to try and not irritate your skin before being tattooed.

Edited by Simong

I have several face tattoos, I get abit of oily skin and clean my face with cleansers etc but when I got my face tattooed I would just treat the tattoo like a regular tattoo, as for using the stuff on your face a few days before, maybe just avoid using them in the area you're having it, I had no problem using face cleaners even the day before but I don't know what products you use, after getting it I just cleaned the tattoo as I would a tattoo anywhere else on my body avoiding any face cleaners near it etc, just using mild or antibacterial soap on it & moisturiser, just basically doing the same aftercare for a face tattoo as one on, say, my arm, all of my face tattoos healed pretty quickly, I have 5

Edited by Star

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 12:47 PM, Moonchild3 said:

I have several tattoos, because it’s my face and my choice, it’s a small tattoo, and no it isn’t eyebrows… it’s a tribal tattoo. With great meaning to me. 

dope! we'd love to see pics, if you're willing to share! Keep us updated on how the process and healing goes. I don't have any face tattoos, but I think the advice from @Star sounds spot on from an experienced collector!