Discolouration skin around tattoo

MPM

Hey guys pls help 
I got a tattoo one and half week ago. They put a saniderm wrap on it and told to keep it for 5 days. After removing it there has been some discolouration of skin on some parts of skin around the tattoo. I have been applying A & D ointment as adviced by the artist. Will the discolouration will go away?

3 hours ago, MPM said:

Hey guys pls help 
I got a tattoo one and half week ago. They put a saniderm wrap on it and told to keep it for 5 days. After removing it there has been some discolouration of skin on some parts of skin around the tattoo. I have been applying A & D ointment as adviced by the artist. Will the discolouration will go away?

without seeing a pic of it,a little redness around the tattoo where the saniderm was is normal, also could be a little bruising which is normal and will also go away, it will go away.

1 hour ago, MPM said:

Thank you so much for your reply. Have been getting quite anxious about it. If it's okay with you may I ask Should I keep applying A & D ointment or switch to different ointment? 

I'd just put a touch of cocoa butter on it, too little is better than too much. I use A&D for three or four days, then switch to cocoa butter when it starts to peel. 

• 2 weeks later...

1083594455_WhatsAppImage2022-01-22at10_41_17PM.thumb.jpeg.d94a9e344405b8b324fc2e521afaa8f4.jpeg

Hi guys, a quick update 
I have been applying cocoa butter on it and its has surely lighten the mark. So thank you so much for your suggestion. Really appreciate it. Just had one question I have this little redness near the tattoo. Is this okay or is that a sign of some infection or allergy? Please help 

• 1 year later...