Beer Thread

gougetheeyes

I live in Micro Brew Heaven, Colorado...

Currently enjoying The Extra Special ESB and Modus Hoperandi from Ska Brewing in Durango. Love ODell's IPA and St Lupulin as well.

I am packing up my computer right now to hit the Rock Bottom which, although its a chain, they do brew their own beer onsite and have a couple of beers that are brewed by the old european beer law standards for cask beer. mmmmmmmmmmmmm smoooth......

Would love to get my hands on some Modus. Funny that is one beer we just don't get out here in Oregon. If you ever want to do a beer trade let me know.

I live in Micro Brew Heaven, Colorado...

Currently enjoying The Extra Special ESB and Modus Hoperandi from Ska Brewing in Durango. Love ODell's IPA and St Lupulin as well.

I am packing up my computer right now to hit the Rock Bottom which, although its a chain, they do brew their own beer onsite and have a couple of beers that are brewed by the old european beer law standards for cask beer. mmmmmmmmmmmmm smoooth......

I was recently out there and went to some brewing company in Denver. It was right by one of the stadiums but I cant seem to remember the name of it. They had a Milk beer and a Chili Pepper beer. Quite good. Wish I had of seen more of the beer selection while I was in that neck of the woods.

Newcastle Brown Ale TILL I DIE. /predictable.

Actually, every time I meet someone famous in Newcastle, I bring them a bottle of brown. My Chemical Romance and Alkaline Trio are now big fans, haha.

Got a keg of it for my 20th birthday...keg stands of Newcastle are not recommended...ahhh the memories

Looks interesting - a similar concept to the PorterHouse we were discussing earlier. As far as the selection goes, looks like they have the 4 regular offerings plus 1 seasonal and 1 fruit beer?

The czech-style black lager sounds interesting.

I used to have to spent a few days a year in Cardiff - I wish I'd known about that place, it might have made the place a little more tolerable (apologies to any Welsh forumites).

Actually perhaps I'm being unfair to Wales, I'm actually quite fond of Braines ale and Breconshire brewery's various offerings (they do a lovely pale ale called Cribyn).

Ok, I'm a bit of a beer geek and have been gettng into Sour beers...mainly stuff from Russian River Brewing Co. - Consecration, Supplication and Temptation are real good . Also Flemish Sour Brown's like Monks Cafe or Petrus Oud Bruin. Anyone else like Sour beers?

While visiting some friends in Seattle I was lucky enough to try a few of the RR sours - Supplication + Consecration, I think. I've been trying my damnedest to try as many sours I can get my hands on, which is not easy in the beer wasteland that is Texas. Monks and Petrus are quite good. Rodenbach Grand Cru and Duchesse de Bourgogne are also pretty tasty. New Belgium Lips of Faith...not so much. It is impossible to get the Russian River stuff down here. I'll definitely be on the lookout during SFO convention....

Last time we were in SF we checked out the selection at Toronado, which was pretty impressive. I seem to recall the Origin Pomegranate ale by Schmaltz Brewing Co being a particular standout...

• 2 weeks later...
While visiting some friends in Seattle I was lucky enough to try a few of the RR sours - Supplication + Consecration, I think. I've been trying my damnedest to try as many sours I can get my hands on, which is not easy in the beer wasteland that is Texas. Monks and Petrus are quite good. Rodenbach Grand Cru and Duchesse de Bourgogne are also pretty tasty. New Belgium Lips of Faith...not so much. It is impossible to get the Russian River stuff down here. I'll definitely be on the lookout during SFO convention....

Last time we were in SF we checked out the selection at Toronado, which was pretty impressive. I seem to recall the Origin Pomegranate ale by Schmaltz Brewing Co being a particular standout...

Definitely check out City Beer Store when your out here in SF. A GREAT selection of craft beers in there.

City Beer Store - Welcome

I don't drink anymore but there's a lot of good microbreweries in Colorado. If you have the chance check out anything by Odells (not to be confused with O'Douls), Lefthand, Ska, or Oskar Blues. There's quite a few more but they had some of my favorites. Non-locals I liked were Stone and Deschutes.

Ok, I'm a bit of a beer geek and have been gettng into Sour beers...mainly stuff from Russian River Brewing Co. - Consecration, Supplication and Temptation are real good . Also Flemish Sour Brown's like Monks Cafe or Petrus Oud Bruin. Anyone else like Sour beers?

I had some New Belgium La Folie a while back. It was delicious. Haven't had it since because it's really expensive, but I might pick some up for a special occasion.

• 2 weeks later...

I hesitate to post in a beer thread with guys from Ireland but I do love beer. We just got a Total Wine store near our house and they carry a lot of craft beers both domestic and imported. I've tried several. Liked some, others not so much. But I was in North Carolina recently and tried a beer called Dirty Bastard. It is a Scotch style ale. It's not super exclusive or expensive or anything but it was one of the best beers I have tried in a long time. The problem is, it was late in the trip and we only had a few so I figured I would just get some when I got back home. NOT. They dont distribute to Florida yet.

I am anxious to try it again to make sure I like it as much as I remember.

I fancy checking this place out. Only about 40 minutes on the train.

microbrewery london, microbrewery Cardiff, microbrewery Bristol, microbrewery reading, wood fire pizza Bristol, Blackheath pubs

Not a huge range of beers to choose from, though.

I work 2 mins away from the Blackheath Zero degrees, they do some great wheat beer in there plus a very sumptuous mango beer.

Old speckled hen is my fav at the moment....thats not the cats name!