Beer Thread

gougetheeyes

Newcastle Brown Ale TILL I DIE. /predictable.

Got hammered on it for a company meeting a few years ago. Enroute to the meeting I went to a Kentucky Fried Chicken where I managed to order 25 dollars worth of chicken, tried to break into the womans restroom with someone in it, went into the mens restroom where I vomited all over the floor. I also tried to start a circle pit with my co-workers in the parking lot of the hospital that was hosting it.

I stopped drinking before meetings.

I'm watching a TV show on the Food Channel at the moment. Some comedian called Zane Lamprey who visits Belgium, checking out various beers. Theres one on at the moment that sells for $60 a bottle in USA. WTF. Anyone on here like Belgian beer?

I love the stuff. One of my favourites is Le Chouffe blonde.

Looks like its quite expensive in the USA. Orval is about $6 a bottle

How is the Rogue? Had it once but seems like I keep seeing it more and more. Also, big fan of Pork Slap ale. And even met the dude who concocted the original recipe for it!

Rogue Dead Guy is a good beer. But you know what is better Double Dead Guy or Dead Guy aged in Whiskey Barrels. I take a trip to the Rogue Brewery at least once a year and they have three brew pubs in Portland. At their brewery (about two hours away)on the ocean they have two bedroom apartments with full kitchen and washer dryer you can rent out for the night for like $100 and I try to go at least once a year for two days.

Rogue Dead Guy is a good beer. But you know what is better Double Dead Guy or Dead Guy aged in Whiskey Barrels. I take a trip to the Rogue Brewery at least once a year and they have three brew pubs in Portland. At their brewery (about two hours away)on the ocean they have two bedroom apartments with full kitchen and washer dryer you can rent out for the night for like $100 and I try to go at least once a year for two days.

Yeah Rouge is good stuff. I like most of there stuff. Oregon has some awesome microbreweries. Rogue, Full Sail, Deschutes brewery.

Mac and Jacks is also really good stuff, Boundary Bay is a good local brewery/.

Daniel, I think that's my favourite drunk story of the month. I'd take my hat off to you, but my hair looks like crap today and you wouldn't see it anyway.

Jade I didn't know it's £1 in Tesco! Dayum! I hope that offer's still on, there's nothing like a bottle of brown when I'm working. :)

Had five pints last night with a buddy that I trained with. He's a fan of cask ale, like me, and there's only one microbrewery in Dublin which reliably has stuff on cask - The Porter House.

It took me a long time to come around to the idea of flat beer served close to room temperature being a good thing, but I think I'm there.

Two we were one last night- 'Hop Head', an American style hopped ale and 'TSB', an English brown ale.

When I was in the US last month drank an awful lot of various Goose Island beer. I'm normally not a fan of Belgian style wheat beers but I developed an odd fascination with Goose Island 312 (they call it their urban wheat beer). It may be a girl's drink but it hit the spot.

Daniel, I think that's my favourite drunk story of the month. I'd take my hat off to you, but my hair looks like crap today and you wouldn't see it anyway.

Jade I didn't know it's £1 in Tesco! Dayum! I hope that offer's still on, there's nothing like a bottle of brown when I'm working. :)

I have to start updating my thread on here but keep forgetting about it. Usually every time I have a few something strange like that happens.

Dosn't look like it.

Asda have got bottles, 3 for £4 (£1.33 each) advertised on their website.

Is that The Porter House, Temple Bar in Dublin?

If it is they also have one in Covent Garden. They have a fantastic selection of lagers and ales, including a lot of their own beer on tap. Great bar it gets really packed

Yeah, same! They have four bars in Dublin (Temple Bar, Bray, Glasnevin and Nassau Street) and Covent Garden. Very clever business people as well as the fathers of modern craft beer in Dublin, really... I think they're still expanding the business- recently they started bottling their stuff and selling it in off-licences and apparently they've got a line of single malt whisky in the works too.

I've drank in the Covent Garden outlet quite a few times...

Porterhouse

Yeah, same! They have four bars in Dublin (Temple Bar, Bray, Glasnevin and Nassau Street) and Covent Garden. Very clever business people as well as the fathers of modern craft beer in Dublin, really... I think they're still expanding the business- recently they started bottling their stuff and selling it in off-licences and apparently they've got a line of single malt whisky in the works too.

I've drank in the Covent Garden outlet quite a few times...

Porterhouse

The other thing that always impresses me, in Porterhouse, are the bar staff. You are never standing around for ages waiting to get served. Very often they'll have two orders on the go at the same time and even though its really busy the bar staff will remember what your previous order was. I know, in the USA for example, thats pretty much the norm but compared with the usual service you get in many bars & pubs in the UK it always impresses the hell out of me.

Ok, I'm a bit of a beer geek and have been gettng into Sour beers...mainly stuff from Russian River Brewing Co. - Consecration, Supplication and Temptation are real good . Also Flemish Sour Brown's like Monks Cafe or Petrus Oud Bruin. Anyone else like Sour beers?

I have all the Russian River on my beer shelf right now as well as a bottle of Monk's Cafe. Cascade Brewing makes some good sours as well their Kriek and Sang Noir are excellent.

Dosn't look like it.

Asda have got bottles, 3 for £4 (£1.33 each) advertised on their website.

Asda will have to do! :)

I drank some weird beer last night, at least I think it was beer, haha. Desperados, I think it was called. It had tequila in it and was yum yum yum.

• 1 month later...

I live in Micro Brew Heaven, Colorado...

Currently enjoying The Extra Special ESB and Modus Hoperandi from Ska Brewing in Durango. Love ODell's IPA and St Lupulin as well.

I am packing up my computer right now to hit the Rock Bottom which, although its a chain, they do brew their own beer onsite and have a couple of beers that are brewed by the old european beer law standards for cask beer. mmmmmmmmmmmmm smoooth......