Beer Thread

gougetheeyes

You guys are snobby even with the beer. :)

Anybody here like Miller High Life? I think its great.

Yep. Snobby about tattoos and beer - and good food, too. The flavor of a craft beer is comparable to a real artist pulling off am excellent custom tattoo.

@jade1955 i normaly take them out of the holder but that is because i'm kind of a retard when it comes to motor-skills (is that an english word?:P) and at the pub i frequent you have to give your left show as a guarantee if you drink the beer out of a glass like that since theyre apparently expensive and they dont have many of them. I like my shoe so i don't want to break a glass. The beer is delicious thou, just had a few. I love my pub. It has no bar seats, instead it has swings hanging from the ceiling. Genius.

I don't like to drive when I really want to get drunk so I'll put a revolver in my pocket and go bike around town. Kinda like bar crawling but a bit of exercising. Bar Biking.

Beer isn't really my thing. I prefer whiskey and brandy. But Leinenkugel's and New Glarus make stuff I like. There was this stuff out of Belgium I used to drink all the time in

California, Delirium Tremens. There was this huge section of some Whole Foods sort of thing that had all the Fancy Dan Pinkies-Out beer for great prices.

delirium-tremens-435385.jpg

@jade1955 i normaly take them out of the holder but that is because i'm kind of a retard when it comes to motor-skills (is that an english word?:P) and at the pub i frequent you have to give your left show as a guarantee if you drink the beer out of a glass like that since theyre apparently expensive and they dont have many of them. I like my shoe so i don't want to break a glass. The beer is delicious thou, just had a few. I love my pub. It has no bar seats, instead it has swings hanging from the ceiling. Genius.

Ha ha yeah they do that shoe thing in some bars in Belgium.

For our UK members - M&S have been selling a Meantime brewing 750ml bottle of naval porter for the past while, which is very good. I see now they're doing 750ml bottles of red ale as well - looks to be from Meantime also. I've got a bottle but not uncorked it yet.

@RoryQ I bought a couple of bottles from M&S at Paddington Station yesterday for the journey back home. I never noticed the little tab on the neck of the bottle showing it was brewed at the Meantime Brewery. That would explain why it was so good. This was a 500ML bottle though. £2.55 a bottle.

I just love porter.

2012-06-03233644.jpg

I saw that, Gregor- pretty messed up. I always thought that the big boys weren't intimidated by the paltry market share that craft brewers get... But here's evidence to the contrary.

Recently Beam international bought Cooley distillers, which was Ireland's last independently owned distillery. Cooley had been making whiskey for various third parties who produced their own bottling (for example, Slane castle had their own whiskey made for them by Cooley, which was doing pretty well). Anyway, Beam announced within a year of taking over that they were no longer producing any whiskey for these independent third parties... Instantly putting them out of business because the only other distillers on the island are also owned by multinationals and none of them are interested in supporting independent competitors in any way.

Its a shame , but youll always get a better product from the smaller idie producers I'm in love with that brewdog red ale just now, such a nice beer. Remember when Diageo/Guinness director was released from jail because had Altzheimers and was suddenly cured (from an incurable disease!!) after he was released ....

Its a shame , but youll always get a better product from the smaller idie producers I'm in love with that brewdog red ale just now, such a nice beer. Remember when Diageo/Guinness director was released from jail because had Altzheimers and was suddenly cured (from an incurable disease!!) after he was released ....

Interesting read @Gregor.

I remember that Ernest Saunders stuff.

• 1 month later...

Heading over (with wife and daughter's boyfriend-in-law in tow) to Buffalo Bayou Brewery in Houston this afternoon. The brewery is so young they aren't bottling (or canning) yet, but I'm stoked about now having our 5th (!) craft brewery in the area - and a 6th one supposely to be on-line this fall.

I realize we're no where near being on par with many WC cities, but we all gotta start somewhere! And just 3-4 years ago we only had 1 - so progress is being made, and made well.

That's good news for Houston!

I heard we are closing on 70 craft breweries in Colorado now...it's insane here.

Yeah, we did the Telluride Blues & Brews festival 2 Septembers ago, and spent a couple of days in Denver, too. I think Denver has the highest concentration of craft breweries per capita in the nation, right?

Nothin' beats options and variety.