Beer Thread

gougetheeyes

Oh, there's a beer thread? How have I missed this until now?!

I received this haul from my dad today as a somewhat belated birthday present:

cdc1cd3858bf11e2af7e22000a1f8ae5_7.jpg

2 of each of these:

Blanche de Bruxelles

Brugse Zot Blond

Chimay Triple

Hopf Helle Weiss

Hacker Pschorr Munich Gold

Moritz Lager

Hacker Pschorr Weiss Hell

Troubadour Blonde

Hacker Pscorr Braumeister

Belgoo Saisonneke

Suffice to say, any lateness has long been forgiven!

Get it Graeme! It's one of the best beligan quads you can find readily anywhere. Trappist 10 (i think it's 10) is another good one I found.

I'm curious to try the Weyerbacher Quad as well. Everything they make (especially their 2x simcoe IPA) is amazing! Just tried the Brooklyn Imperial Chocolate Stout over the weekend too. Amazing & somewhere around 10 abv I believe.

You heard all about them dealing on the side right?

I totally found a place in Portland that is doing the same thing, but they will remain nameless for obvious reasons, but as soon as you walk in it's pretty obvious. Black lights, Bob Marley, comfy couches, but one of the best tap lists I've seen in a bit and cheap prices. I got the heads up from a friend of mine who lives down the street.

- - - Updated - - -

You heard all about them dealing on the side right?

I totally found a place in Portland that is doing the same thing, but they will remain nameless for obvious reasons, but as soon as you walk in it's pretty obvious. Black lights, Bob Marley, comfy couches, but one of the best tap lists I've seen in a bit and cheap prices. I got the heads up from a friend of mine who lives down the street.

- - - Updated - - -

#1: @hogg / @gougetheeyes BAN THIS DOUBLE POSTER.

#2: I think its a good idea. People would be super chill all the time.

Hey take it easy man, there was no ketchup involved so I should get a pass.

Second the least they could do is have munchies available, then I would be okay with it.

True. I am not one to grant virtual amnesty, but I will for the lack of ketchup on delicious things.

If this brewery served hot wings with said unmentionables I would live there.

latelty- big sky, breckenridge, and dogfish head ipas. i also kept seeing this "amnesia ipa" crap at the store and finally decided to try it. wack. sucks. watery. crappy. piney. thank god it was 7.2 tho. sounds like a good time, but dont bother with this stuff if you see it.

I had a beer tasting course at work today. I've been on other tasting courses but this one was the most thorough I've been on and, goddamn, we tasted some truly horrible things. The course was on the detection of flavour faults so we had beer samples spiked with different chemical compounds to mimic different faults, but instead of sticking to the usual ones that you would normally find, we got a whole bunch of really gnarly ones like mold, mercaptan (think rotten cabbage), butyric acid (think vomit and putrefaction), coliform (fecal matter), and so on. Delightful.

^^^ That's foul! haha...what kind of beers did you sample? Or was it just anonymous beers?

....and Duvel is tasty! We have a brewing party going on this saturday. Going to brew 5 gallons of a Belgian Quad...should be interesting.

The beer itself was fine to begin with but the samples were dosed with something like this:

FlavorActiV Enthusiast Kit and Craft Brewing Sensory Kit

You wouldn't ever find some of those off-flavours in a beer that made it to the market. At least I hope not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The bar around the corner has a small selection of well-chosen imports, including beer from The Bruery, but like you said, it is expensive stuff so I haven't tried it. Let us know how it is, because I don't mind spending a little bit for really good beer.