Are those scabs normal?

ultrvviolence

hello!
I got my biggest piece done on my thigh on Friday 21st, so 3 days ago. My leg has been really sore and swollen since then, hurts a lot when standing and walking.

I also noticed my skin has been scabbing weird at some areas, along with some ink leaking when the tattoo is wet (after shower or even after putting a little bit of cream). My previous tattoos always healed pretty well with peeling starting around 5-7 days - but I’ve never experienced this type of scabs.  

The rest of my tattoo is healing exactly like the previous ones - as you can see on the last picture!

Has this ever happen to one of you? Should i be worried? 

I usually dry heal and only put cream if it really becomes too uncomfortable. Should i let it dry or actually put some cream ?

I also have some extreme swelling on my knee, right below my tattoo - only happened tonight after a whole day at work walking a lot so i guess it’s fine ?

(i can’t go to my tattoo artist since he isn’t in my town anymore - i emailed him but haven’t got any reply yet!)

Thank you in advance !0AC9793C-4299-46A9-801B-1A2396159920.thumb.jpeg.900f139750e9cfcf3a31d7c5a6827340.jpeg0785E481-DE71-44D0-B1EB-09F6DAF22F59.thumb.jpeg.283cc7ee201bf2583dadd5ecce64681d.jpeg4E432D1A-C563-4753-BB3D-5FE50502C11D.thumb.jpeg.3f9aade7e5dfbbc9ce7b56337a454c97.jpegC538B322-DC28-401F-9DE3-2A608C35F814.thumb.jpeg.9045ccfc24adf69bace480809b441f6e.jpeg022FDCC5-AFF4-4F79-BD3B-20F45DDF86BF.thumb.jpeg.6b870ea588476a438dab0209a5d689b4.jpeg

It looks totally normal. It's healing. Just keep it clean and let it heal.

Legs can sometimes take a bit longer to heal, especially if you are on your feet a lot. Scabs may fall off with no damage, or you may need a touch up. Just do not pick at them—let them fall off naturally.

From what I can see, it looks like a nice tattoo. Enjoy!

Edited by oboogie

I’d ice that knee, but all tattoos don’t heal the same. I rarely get scabs but after going to the same artist for ten years, using the same healing method, I got one about the size of a dime, but really thick. Then I was gently washing it and it got caught on the edge of a washcloth and ripped off. OUCH. It took a month to really heal. All this to say all tattoos don’t heal equally. Yours looks fine. Give it 8 weeks.

9 hours ago, Andy McDaid Tattoos irl said:

This is normal, but it all depends also on how healing was advised.. but from personal experience with colour yes this is normal, no redness, no irritation, should heal fine 

On 1/25/2022 at 1:57 PM, Hogrider said:

I’d ice that knee, but all tattoos don’t heal the same. I rarely get scabs but after going to the same artist for ten years, using the same healing method, I got one about the size of a dime, but really thick. Then I was gently washing it and it got caught on the edge of a washcloth and ripped off. OUCH. It took a month to really heal. All this to say all tattoos don’t heal equally. Yours looks fine. Give it 8 weeks.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:35 PM, oboogie said:

It looks totally normal. It's healing. Just keep it clean and let it heal.

Legs can sometimes take a bit longer to heal, especially if you are on your feet a lot. Scabs may fall off with no damage, or you may need a touch up. Just do not pick at them—let them fall off naturally.

From what I can see, it looks like a nice tattoo. Enjoy!

Thank you for all your answers !! 
The swelling has gotten a lot better, along with the pain. 
The whole tattoo is also slowly starting to peel. 
There’s actually a bit of redness sometimes, and it is hot to touch but I believe my -very- sensitive skin doesn’t help with that. 

For update here’s a pic taken a few minutes ago - I’ve put Hustle Butter early this morning (it’s almost 5PM right now for my time zone). Looks really really dry, but i also wanna make sure those scabs aren’t too moist either so I’m just moisturizing it twice a day - morning and night. 

Do you think there’s a risk they leave scars? 
I’m trying not to touch them at all. 
1B30E457-A77A-4DBF-BB3F-F557331A6CC0.thumb.jpeg.a2e43cd42dba14cbe38ae68a60a70473.jpeg