Hi, is my tattoo healing okay?

Clampy763

I’m just looking for advice to see if my tattoo is healing okay as I’m concerned about a part of the wing that looks ‘missing’. The part that looks missing is where the line from the edge of the wing should connect to main middle part. This tattoo is 2 and half weeks old, I currently use fragrance free moisturiser twice a day and clean it with antibacterial soap and cool water every morning. Just wondering if this part that’s missing will eventually peel and reveal the darker part again? I’ve been trying to read about the ‘milky’ stage of the healing process but it seems only that part is ‘milky’. I’m worried because I’m the last picture in particular, there appears to be a line where ink is missing?

A29AEFB0-D8C4-4854-8F47-E6296DC5589F.jpeg

EF69F2D7-13FE-4CF2-88CA-FEB941D9C768.jpeg

6B6DA428-7154-4D8C-AB10-4F27C76A0C4F.jpeg

398EC55B-76F2-4249-A2BB-7565E58233D8.jpeg

56D89302-6B76-4D1F-832C-CA85AF0D913D.jpeg

Edited by Clampy763
Added more

On 1/26/2022 at 3:55 PM, oboogie said:

It is still healing. Give it eight weeks, then see how it looks. You can always get it touched up.

Just keep it clean and let it heal fully.

Thank you for the advice, I know it has a little while to go on healing yet but just wanted to make sure it’s looking okay so far in the healing process 🙂 thank you I appreciate the reassurance!

On 1/26/2022 at 9:17 PM, Simong said:

If it makes you feel better I had to look several times before I could even see the part you meant so it’s not noticeable. As @oboogiesaid it’s still healing yet so you won’t know until it has fully healed.

That’s made me feel a lot better, I suppose it’s more noticeable to me as I’m looking at it everytime I walk past a mirror. I’m grateful for the feedback and will hopefully continue to heal okay 🙂 

1 hour ago, Clampy763 said:

That’s made me feel a lot better, I suppose it’s more noticeable to me as I’m looking at it everytime I walk past a mirror. I’m grateful for the feedback and will hopefully continue to heal okay 🙂 

Definitely, I think we are all our own worst critics. We study them as we see them all the time so we can pick all the imperfections but other people wouldn’t even notice these issues at all. I’m sure it will be fine mate, just give it time. 🙂

17 hours ago, Clampy763 said:

The best advice my artist ever gave me was “don’t look at it through a microscope. You can find something wrong with every tattoo if you look hard enough.” I look at the big picture and love all my tattoos.