Whiskey Thread

gougetheeyes

Laphroaig is the whisky I drink the most, although I'm partial to any single malt from the Islay region. I just prefer the smokier/peatier taste and texture that you get with them. Having said that one of the best whiskys I've ever tasted was on a trip to a distillery called the Bladnoch Distillery. I think they were one of the smaller distilleries that produced stuff to go into the blended Bell's whisky, but we bought a couple of their single casks. I want to go back there just to get some more, it was the smoothest and possibly most complex whisky I've ever tasted.

This is rather bizarre, but I was rooting through an old drawer in my parents' house and I found a bottle of 1982 Crown Royal Whiskey that my Dad obviously bought on a trip to Canada and put away. He was a tee-totaller and it's never been opened (the seal is still dated).

I'm not even sure what it would taste like now...

• 2 weeks later...
This is rather bizarre, but I was rooting through an old drawer in my parents' house and I found a bottle of 1982 Crown Royal Whiskey that my Dad obviously bought on a trip to Canada and put away. He was a tee-totaller and it's never been opened (the seal is still dated).

I'm not even sure what it would taste like now...

Send it to Oakland, Ill try it and let you know.

wow... nice thread !! I like highland and speysides, not a fan of islay whiskey tho its too much like drinking oily cough syrup for me lol (although i do like Tallisker but thats from a different island...) my favourite whiskeys are Macallan, Glengoyne and Auchentoshan pretty light sweet and smooth stuff. I also dig some blended whiskey especially William Lawson.

Drank a fair bit of bourbon over the weekend (yes, it's not whiskey or even tenessee whiskey, but it's close enough for government work). Eagle Rare mainly... Made Old Fashioneds using flavoured bitters I haven't come across before - a premium brand doing them in orange, chocolate, peach etc.

Going to get to work on that Crown Royal next week (it's at my parents' house right now).