Whiskey Thread

gougetheeyes

• 3 months later...
Finally tried Jonnie Walker's "Double Black" scotch.

Holy shit. It was incredible. Strong, but not overbearing peet.

Sainsburys are selling this for £30 at the moment. How different is it to the normal black label?

I like Cardu, Singleton, Auchentosan...to be honest I drink Teachers too when I'm skint lol

Finally tried Jonnie Walker's "Double Black" scotch.

Holy shit. It was incredible. Strong, but not overbearing peet.

Buddy of mine just bought a bottle of this after having regular Johnny black for the first time and loving it.. Pretty sure he is now into whiskey and I am gonna go right ahead and take total credit for that. Can't wait to try the double.

I think it depends on the whiskey. I went to a tasting run by Jameson before Christmas and they made us taste everything uncut, and then cut with water (say, half of the measure of whiskey in the glass). In the cases of particular bottles - the cask strength ones, for example - I think it makes sense to cut it to get the best from it.

I drink Jameson neat and Scotch on Ice, not sure why just always have. The stuff I am aging now in my mini barrel should be quite potent (around 110 proof), the instructions were to add water to lower proof, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Worst case I can always plop an ice cube in the glass, but have a feeling it won't be an issue.

Depends , Cask strength needs water theres no point drinking it otherwise. I take some water if Im drinking Islay malts too like Laphroag etc, I drink Highland malts and Speysides neat. I like soda water (or ginger ale!) with blended whiskey and coke with my bourbon lol oh yeah and y'all need to try a Whiskey Mac (if you havent already) half whiskey , half green ginger wine it tastes awesome and fucks you up good.

I drink Jameson neat and Scotch on Ice, not sure why just always have. The stuff I am aging now in my mini barrel should be quite potent (around 110 proof), the instructions were to add water to lower proof, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Worst case I can always plop an ice cube in the glass, but have a feeling it won't be an issue.

Love it!!!

Depends , Cask strength needs water theres no point drinking it otherwise. I take some water if Im drinking Islay malts too like Laphroag etc, I drink Highland malts and Speysides neat. I like soda water (or ginger ale!) with blended whiskey and coke with my bourbon lol oh yeah and y'all need to try a Whiskey Mac (if you havent already) half whiskey , half green ginger wine it tastes awesome and fucks you up good.

Now that sounds like fun and a cell for the night

I grew up round Whiskey. I'm Scottish (such a stereotype) and my dad worked in the drinks industry. One of my first ever family holidays was a house swap with the caretaker of the Bowmore distillery on Islay.

My favourite is this bad boy:

Edradour 2002 Tokaji Matured Whisky - Master of Malt

I don't know what it is about the tokaji maturing that makes it quite so glorious, but it's the easiest Whiskey I've ever drank, and one of the few that I wouldn't even consider putting ice or water in. Honestly I'm more of a Dark Rum drinker but I LOVE this whiskey.

My dad loves Bowmore, but for special he'll have a Bruichladdich or VERY special a glass of the 1983 Port Ellen that I got mates rates on because my friend's mum bottles it (like I said, grew up round whiskey!)

Now I want some whiskey. Is there a rule about not whiskey before noon and at work?

I grew up round Whiskey. I'm Scottish (such a stereotype) and my dad worked in the drinks industry. One of my first ever family holidays was a house swap with the caretaker of the Bowmore distillery on Islay.

My favourite is this bad boy:

Edradour 2002 Tokaji Matured Whisky - Master of Malt

I don't know what it is about the tokaji maturing that makes it quite so glorious, but it's the easiest Whiskey I've ever drank, and one of the few that I wouldn't even consider putting ice or water in. Honestly I'm more of a Dark Rum drinker but I LOVE this whiskey.

My dad loves Bowmore, but for special he'll have a Bruichladdich or VERY special a glass of the 1983 Port Ellen that I got mates rates on because my friend's mum bottles it (like I said, grew up round whiskey!)

Now I want some whiskey. Is there a rule about not whiskey before noon and at work?

Nope actively encouraged!