Need your advice ASAP

Victoria

Hey guys! So this is my grandpa's signature which i've been wanting to tattoo on my inner arm for a while now. I know thin, lettering tattoos can spread over time and this is my main concern. I just need your advice on whether i should get it or not because im just concercned how it's gonna look over the years and whether the negative space is too little, which usually is the reason why tattoos look more smudged after healed. I know no one can say for sure in advance but i'd like to hear your opinion.
Plus, i want it to be small, maybe 3 inches

tatt.png

Edited by Victoria

It all depends on size, the bigger you go the less chance it will end up being a blob. I believe over time lines can double in size so at 3 inches I would imagine some of the signature will close up. Your artist will be able to tell you about the best size to do it to remain legible. 

11 hours ago, Simong said:

It all depends on size, the bigger you go the less chance it will end up being a blob. I believe over time lines can double in size so at 3 inches I would imagine some of the signature will close up. Your artist will be able to tell you about the best size to do it to remain legible. 

Thank you so much for a fast reply! I'll keep that in mind.

This is a disaster waiting to happen. People who rush into tattoos often wind up with shit tattoos. First, three inches is too small, it will look like a scribble. Second, the simpler the tattoo, the better the artist you need because they have to be exact. You can’t walk into the first shop you see and get the first artist available.

Put on the brakes and think this through. And do your homework finding a good artist. Good artists usually have waiting lists, you can’t just walk in.

Edited by Hogrider

9 hours ago, Hogrider said:

This is a disaster waiting to happen. People who rush into tattoos often wind up with shit tattoos. First, three inches is too small, it will look like a scribble. Second, the simpler the tattoo, the better the artist you need because they have to be exact. You can’t walk into the first shop you see and get the first artist available.

Put on the brakes and think this through. And do your homework finding a good artist. Good artists usually have waiting lists, you can’t just walk in.

Hey! I'm not sure you've read my post properly cause i mentioned that i've been thinking about getting this tattooed for a while so im definitely not the type to rush into things especially tattoos lol.

23 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Hey! I'm not sure you've read my post properly cause i mentioned that i've been thinking about getting this tattooed for a while so im definitely not the type to rush into things especially tattoos lol.

Listen to what he said. You will end up with a black blob. It's going to have to be bigger, and you're going to have to find a good artist.

8 hours ago, oboogie said:

Listen to what he said. You will end up with a black blob. It's going to have to be bigger, and you're going to have to find a good artist.

I sure will. That't the reason why i wrote this post in the first place.