Visible tattoos

mhm2020

Hi again!! 

I’m in the process of building a patchwork sleeve and the next step for me is to jump the elbow and fill in my forearms. I am SO excited, but really nervous about having visible forearm tattoos. I feel like the forearms is a huge step in being tattooed. How did you guys build your sleeves and adjust to having tattoos out where everyone can see them? Especially at work where people are not used to it. 

Tattoos you can't hide IS a big step. I decided to get a sleeve for my first tattoo, so I didn't ease into it. I've always worn my sleeves rolled up, so it was just not there one day, there the next. The few job interviews I've had since getting the tattoos, I wear my sleeves rolled up. They might as well know right from the start.

I don't really have any advice, you just get used to it.

I think it is a big deal but not like it used to be. It’s so common to see people with tattoos everywhere now but of course some people will still judge you. I had tattoos on my upper arms originally and always thought I wouldn’t have my forearms done. Then my mum passed away recently and I wanted to get a memorial tattoo and i thought why not get it around my forearm, I want people to see it and I’m proud to show it off. Like the other guys said you just get used to it. It does feel strange when you can see it all the time though so get used to it catching your eye a lot at first!  

Edited by Simong

I just jumped in with both feet, my first tattoos were all from my wrists to my beceps, I started about 37 years ago, I am heavily tattooed now, and it has been a fun ride for sure, I have been to many cool shops, met a lot of amazing people, and haved loved going, mingling, and getting tattooed at many conventions.

I have always loved showing my tattoos off and talking about them, weather permiting I wear tank tops and shorts when I can, I have had jobs that allowed visible tattoos fortunetly.

so either embrace visible tattoos or don't get them.

Thanks for all the replies! Sounds like most of you on here are total badasses and just went for it. I think my strategy has been so far, that I just get tattoos here and there and they've just built up to the point where I have a half sleeve now 🙃 It's given me the time I need to get used to them. The forearm is a big jump though and I'm super excited to see how it turns out :) 

1 hour ago, mhm2020 said:

Thanks for all the replies! Sounds like most of you on here are total badasses and just went for it. I think my strategy has been so far, that I just get tattoos here and there and they've just built up to the point where I have a half sleeve now 🙃 It's given me the time I need to get used to them. The forearm is a big jump though and I'm super excited to see how it turns out 🙂

Read up on tattoo regret before you go all the way. The good news is that it goes away, but you should know about it so you don't freak if you get it. I've never had it so I can't help you with it.

22 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Read up on tattoo regret before you go all the way. The good news is that it goes away, but you should know about it so you don't freak if you get it. I've never had it so I can't help you with it.

I am no stranger to this.. had it quite a few times and yes it does go away.. but you're right to mention it. Honestly I think I have more regrets with my cover up on my upper arm, so anything added to it I think will help, rather than make it worse.