Looking for cover up ideas!

AlisonMH

Hello! I'm looking for some cool ideas to cover up the pawprints on my neck. As you can see I have a dragon back piece in the works. I was looking for a more interesting idea then just a smoke/wave filler type idea. The paw prints are about 15 years old (have been touched up once) so definitely ready to get rid of them, haha! And certainly doesn't go well with the dragon. My artist doesn't have many ideas other than a smoke/wave filler. Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20220309-190322_Gallery.jpg

20220307_210126.jpg

20220307_210114.jpg

Edited by AlisonMH

That should have been part of the design of the dragon. WTF was he thinking putting the dragon’s head an inch from the paw print? Maybe a demon? I’d look in tattoo books for something that goes with a dragon in the sky. Or maybe a skull cloud, or a cloud made out of skulls.

I’d find a new artist if he can only think of one idea for a cover up. I’ve never had a cover up, but I’ve been in the shop when people come in to talk and my guy usually has three or four ideas as soon as he looks at it.

I agree with Hogrider, the placement was very poor planning by your artist. The right wing would have covered it perfectly. But what’s done is done. It is going to be a badass piece nonetheless. 

With the way the prints are spaced out, you’ll either have to do a heavy background /blast over to cover it, or get a few laser sessions to lighten it so you can put something else there. If I were you, I’d zap it a few times and then you’ll have a lot more options.