Body Art and Soul Apprenticeship and School

cfrei

Hi,

My daughter is interested in becoming a tattoo artist. She is a wonderful artist and is extremely passionate about tattoo's and always has been. I'm helping her do some research into programs. We came across the Body Art and Soul Tattoo School. They have locations in Brooklyn, LA, Tampa, New Haven, Philly etc. It's a year program, including virtual and then hands on apprentice work in their shop. They guarantee a job as an artist in one of their tattoo shops when the program is complete.  I was wondering if anyone has heard of this program and can provide thoughts as to its credibility? I appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Cindy

Hi, Cindy. We aren't artists here. We are mostly collectors. We aren't really the right people to ask.

That aside, most of those tattoo schools are frowned upon because they are purely money spinners. If your daughter wants to be a tattoo artist, she needs to talk to other artists and investigate an apprenticeship in a shop.

For the record, I wouldn't let anyone who comes out of one of those "schools" near me with a tattoo machine.

Edited by oboogie