Tattoo Renewal / Cover Up

Rosie1234

I had a tattoo on my left inner wrist 2 years ago, which ended up a lot darker than initially planned. It isn't that I dislike it, it is just quite masculine and I am quite feminine! Can this be added to or changed to make it more feminine? It is very good in terms of detail, it is just very dark. 

I actually hoped for fine line work but the stencil vs reality is very different. The artist is talented and this was 100% my mistake.

I also have a second ankle tattoo which I want updating (it is about 15 years old!), preferably with fine line and detail and nothing too heavy. Would like Aby suggestions on this!

I am new here and couldn't add the thread to the right topic sorry.

1650138289850940234125328710274.jpg

16501383405474357711078424531493.jpg

16501383641772895070618412235547.jpg

16501383808858638177527065144140.jpg

Like others have said you can’t make a dark tattoo lighter without laser. For what it’s worth I think it looks ok. I think by adding to it it will just make it even more dense. The ankle could definitely be reworked with the right tattoo artist.

On 4/16/2022 at 12:46 PM, Rosie1234 said:

I had a tattoo on my left inner wrist 2 years ago, which ended up a lot darker than initially planned. It isn't that I dislike it, it is just quite masculine and I am quite feminine! Can this be added to or changed to make it more feminine? It is very good in terms of detail, it is just very dark. 

I actually hoped for fine line work but the stencil vs reality is very different. The artist is talented and this was 100% my mistake.

I also have a second ankle tattoo which I want updating (it is about 15 years old!), preferably with fine line and detail and nothing too heavy. Would like Aby suggestions on this!

I am new here and couldn't add the thread to the right topic sorry.

here is an example of what a good artist can do to rework/freshenup a tattoo,

I follow this guy and IMO he is very good, this is one he freshened up for somebody.

phil.jpg

Edited by Dan