Breakfast thread.

jade1955

Work of art on a plate

breakfast.jpg

Next time in in London. Breakfast at Hawksmoor, Spitalfields. £35 for two.

Smoked Bacon Chop, Pork Beef and Mutton Sausages, Black Pudding, Short Rib Bubble & Squeek, Grilled Bone Marrow, Baked Beans, Fried Egg, Grilled Mushroom, Roast Tomatoes, Unlimited Dripping Toast and HP Onion & Bone Marrow Gravy.

I've had the marrow at Hawksmoor before... And one of the big 900g steaks (there were two of us). Seriously good place to eat. Think I had it with some Meantime Brewing Company pale ale.

A bit more cheap and cheerful than the Hawksmoor but my favourite place for breakfast in the world is Aunties and Uncles in Toronto... Aunties & Uncles Always worth queuing for.

the last best vegan breakfast i had was either at Sweet Pea Baking Company in Portland (next to Scapegoat Tattoo) or the Wayward Cafe in Seattle. my favorite local vegan breakfast spot may be closing soon (though Donut Farm is a close second).

I'm sorry guys, but that English breakfast looks gross to me! I'm not into that kinda stuff. I'm more of a BLT or poached eggs person. Pancakes and waffles are pretty good too. All of those things are stuff I'd get if I went out for breakfast. When I'm at home I'll just eat a piece of toast or cheerios with soy. I have this Italian cheese that's got a big ball of butter in the middle so sometimes I'll butter some toast with it and eat the cheese with the bread. It's a fairly hard light tasting white cheese and the butter is amazing, it's not like regular butter.

Nothing wrong with granola or muesli. My favourite ones are made by Dorset Cereals.

Don't know if you can get them were you are.

granola.jpg

i've never seen it. i usually get the lo-fat vanilla almond from trader joe's. it's simple but good!

That breakfast just makes me jealous of everyone who's eaten it, haha. I wish I was rich enough to eat that every day. Actually most days I wish I was rich enough for just half of that every day!

Usually I just stick with the good old bacon sandwich. Sometimes replacing the butter for tommy sauce if I'm feeling a bit cheeky. Some student traits haven't quite left me.