Suits: NYC

gougetheeyes

Completely random, but I need a suit. Are there good places in NY to get a reasonably priced, new suit that doesn't look like crap? And will these places actually help you with this instead of making you feel like a complete idiot? Men's Wearhouse, I'm not sure I could bear to visit again.

Here's some suit ideas:

-Theory- They do really nice suits that can cost a pretty penny but are made for slimmer/athletic built individuals. These are the only suits that I tend not to have to get tailored as they fit perfect. NY has to have a Theory store but if not guaranteed you can find them out there at Nordstroms, Bloomingdales (they will be the most expensive here), or online if you know your size.

-Hugo Boss- They have some cool slim fit suits but once again can be pricey.

Both of the above are worth the money! Hugo and Theory staff tend to be very fuc'n helpful so ask the questions. Oh yeah Nordstroms staff can be cool too.

Here are some cheaper ones that I enjoy:

-J Crew- they do some cool summer suits (sheersucker and a bad ass brown/tan one)

-Banana Republic- If you can find their outlet stores you can score a suit for as little as $150 or less.

Just a side note that if you want one to work year around get grey, black, navy, and some browns. I have a suit obsession and hope this helps? If not, feel free to ask more questions......

It does! Was also checking out My Suit, terrible name, but looks decent. But I guess if I'm gonna get a suit, I might as well go whole hog.. Brooks Brothers anyone?

You might as well invest! From a perspective of wearing them, you can tell the difference between a well made/tailored suit and one that is not. Brooks Brothers has nice ones but yet to buy one there as I try to find nice ones for cheaper due to $$$. For those in the Bay Area at the Great Mall in Milipitas you can score designer suits for very very cheap and sometime buy one get one free at Off Saks and other stores. Three pieces and bow ties are sick but haven't done it yet......

Slayer, I could probably spend about 5, wouldn't be for every day, and I'd prefer it to be lightweight. Gonna get worn this summer and gonna be a godfather in it, among other things.

Mario, funny, was looking at the Ludlow styles yesterday, either in charcoal or that light gray. Stopped in the men's shop the other weekend to see about tuxes, too, ha.