Horse tattoos

we have a have a panther and lady head threads among others and i thought why not start a horse thread. its been something thats been on my mind for awhile and i was just curious as to what other people thought or have seen that they like.

The way that i see it, it seems like a very challenging animal to draw because of the shape of the face and all the different definition and where the muscles are and so on. i havent seem much that has impressed me and im hoping that other LSTers can guide me in the right direction.

Though having just said that, some of the stuff that has been on my mind has been work by Bailey H. Robinson. I think his work is pretty awesome.

what also comes to mind is the picture of Amund Dietzel in "These old blue arms" he has a pretty amazing horse chest piece! i wish i could scan the image from my copy of the book but i dont want to upset anyone by doing so. its pretty cool, you should go buy the book!! :)

also if i could find it i'll repost, but another member by the name of Nickypapers posted a picture of the tattoo he has on his stomach of three horses very similar to the Amund Dietzel tattoo.

Horse tattoos rock! The Pharao's Horses is one of my favorite designs. Hope to see some variations of it in this thread!

Someone here has a really really awesome one of those on this very forum. Right now though, after work stuff frying my brain, I can't remember who it was. Damnit!

Can I post my Charlie horse here then? I just like showing it off. ;)

Someone here has a really really awesome one of those on this very forum. Right now though, after work stuff frying my brain, I can't remember who it was. Damnit!

Can I post my Charlie horse here then? I just like showing it off. ;)

yes please do!!

Before I get started , many times I have wanted to post Stewart Robson's work on this site but have refrained as I live within wedgie distance or worse .Thanks to his regular contributions he has become more personable to me -and even has fears of his own LOL .Hope this is cool Stewart but your Pharoahs Horses needs inclusion in this thread !!!

Oh, man...two British Stoos (Stuart Cripwell from Wales and Stewart Robson from England) absolutely crushing this thread. The Robson Pharaoh's Horses that Kyle just posted is one that I've ogled many times. It's entirely too good. Whipshading at its finest and not at all out of place.

I'd still give him a wedgie if I ever met him, provided I was wearing a cool guy hat, but Robson's stuff never disappoints. The ability to pull off extra-tough Americana classics AND do jawdropping large-scale Japanese work is a rare skill combo, and he seems to have it in spades.

Wow Kyle- that wasn't the one I was thinking of, but that is immense! Nicky's is too, it's beautiful that mate. :)

Here you go Alanna! Y'know, I don't even like horses but I look at this tattoo on my arm all the time. Sorry if this is kind of big, I don't have the picture saved to my computer so I swiped it from my site.

QUOTE]

i am for sure going to go look up Charlie roberts right now!! i dont mind the size cause i can see every detail! thanks for posting it Mel!

Before I get started , many times I have wanted to post Stewart Robson's work on this site but have refrained as I live within wedgie distance or worse .Thanks to his regular contributions he has become more personable to me -and even has fears of his own LOL .Hope this is cool Stewart but your Pharoahs Horses needs inclusion in this thread !!!

HOLY KITTENS!!! (i was listening to greg proops comedy today)!!! that is amazing!!! thanks kyle, now i know what that image is called!

i am for sure going to go look up Charlie roberts right now!! i dont mind the size cause i can see every detail! thanks for posting it Mel!

Haha, he is really awesome. If it helps while you're looking him up, Charlie is Bob Roberts' son, and works in Spotlight Tattoo with him. He's a really lovely guy and a great tattooer- one of those people who always has a smile on their face, that's Charlie!

Valerie has a beautiful circus horse in her online portfolio. I don't want to share it here without her consent, but you can see it on her homepage Valerie Vargas

first off, sorry about the post above, it was a total fail!!

anyway Iwar we are for sure on the same wavelength here becasue i was thinking about the exact same horse yesterday and i was going to post it but i thought let me double check with valerie first. i was very please that she said yes!!! so here it is!

I like to imagine that Valerie and Stewart sit around sipping Earl Grey, sketching horses while (ok, whilst) old episodes of The Young Ones play in the background.

How can you get old episodes of The Young Ones? Great show they played late nights on MTV... That was a long time ago......

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner