How did you decide to cover yourself?

cfgsteak

I can remember saying to my artist when I first started getting a few tattoos that I was "never going to go below here on my arm" which would have been 3/4 sleeves... and now they're all the way to my wrists and I would like to get my palms and maybe one day the tops of my hands too. And I never dreamed I was going to get a back piece one day, then I saw a few good ones and met someone who does amazing shit and was like ok well I guess I'm getting my full back done!

But as some other people have said, I never set out with the intention of getting so many tattoos, it just kind of happened, and still keeps happening...

Dari - If I was around the guys you get to be around at Scott's shop I'd end up covered pretty quick I think.. I want to get tattooed by all of them, especially Tim. I'm saving a spot for him to put what will be probably the toughest/black metalish tattoo I will have. I'm not normally into that type of stuff for myself but his shit is just way to good to not have. I really want to get tattooed by Scott, Jeff, Nick and Cody too thought. I had asked Cody if he was interested in doing my palm while he was still in Jax but I pussied out and never got it hahaha.

Ursula I did the same thing for awhile, not wanting any visible tattoos and then one day I just said fuck it and got a skull and cross bones on my wrist and I think I got a panther head on the back of my forearm the next week and there went that idea. You got me thinking it's only like 11 hour drive to San Francisco so what am I waiting for.

Ursula I did the same thing for awhile, not wanting any visible tattoos and then one day I just said fuck it and got a skull and cross bones on my wrist and I think I got a panther head on the back of my forearm the next week and there went that idea. You got me thinking it's only like 11 hour drive to San Francisco so what am I waiting for.

10 and a half if you go 80mph.... haha

I can not speak highly enough of the guys at BlackHeart. My dude got his back from Rassier and it's one of the craziest things I've seen! If i was only ten hours away from them I'd be there a lot I can tell you that much!

I'm hoping that as soon as I'm allowed back in the USA, a Cali trip will follow shortly after.

Yeah I had to wait an extra week to get tattooed here, because the guy doing my tattoo went down in SF getting tattooed by Nick Rodin. Funny thing is my wife was in SF as well that week and I decided not to go so I could get tattooed and have some much needed free time from our baby.

It sounds silly but I always just figured those guys would have to be all booked up because they are so good, but I think I got the lowdown from a few people who have gone down and am going to plan a trip before Horitaka's convention hopefully.

• 3 months later...

At first I thought tattoos had to be about specific meaning and I'm sure it holds true for some, but the more I get into it, I just want good shit done by worthy artists. It gets tiring when someone's like "why do you have a rose on your arm" or "what's that skull and panther mean"

When I travel, I kinda see it as a timestamp and taking a little piece of the places I travel with me.