Furry Friends

This is a thread for our pets! most of us know that our pets can be very dear to us and it is not uncommon to see portrait tattoos of ones pet. i hope that people will open up and share stories, pictures and tattoos of their loved ones, past and present. i didnt know where this topic should end up, i was debating between where it is now and Random Crap but since it has to do with pet tattoos i figured its just as relavent here!

I got this idea from Shawns thread on his new "bundle of Joy" where he announced he was adopting this cute italian grey hound. i know im not the only one who loves talking about their pets so please share away.

heres a little explaination of my pictures.

DEPRESSING STOREY WARNING: the first one is of Joia (joy-a, this is the portugues slang word for treasure/jewels) she was my first portuguese water dog. i rescued her from a hell hole of a living situation. i got her at the age of 1 yr and she lived with me and my family until she passed 7 months later. unfortunately she was born very very sick and by the time we found out something was wrong it was too late. sorry for the sad storey but thats life!!!

the 2nd and 3rd is of Avelan my current dog. we showed her within Canada and she got her championship with 4 weeks, we are so proud of her. now that shes sterealized we cant show her anymore so we've moved on to training in agility. its so much fun and shes got so much talent and ability!!

lastly are some pictures of cross stitch pieces i did. i do this in my free time because it keeps my hands busy and i think its as close as im gonna get to art of any kind becasue i dont draw anymore.

that's a pretty cute bunny tattoo!

And this thread is awesome!

This is my dog who I haven't been able to see since January as I'm stuck in Canada and Staffordshire Bull Terriers are on the banned dog breed list here. I hope these photos work as I'm just taking them off my Facebook.. Her name is G.B.

n506626353_1166809_842.jpg

and this is the one puppy my dog had (yup just one)

n506626353_1509170_8373.jpg

and this is our other dog, she's really my dude's dog as he's had her longer than he's had me! Her name is Carmen

n506626353_1166808_7024.jpg

n506626353_891602_2967.jpg

I do have a tattoo of GB on the back of my arm, I'll try to get a photo of it!

Allana - I've wanted to do agility since i got GB i think she'd be so good! your x-stitches are awesome!

also, here's my GB tattoo... sorry for the photo quality, it's hard to take a picture of your own arm haha...

I hope this photo works.. it's from my personal flickr folder, that other people can't see... I should mention the dog tattoo was done by Jeff Cribb of Hero Tattoo in South Carolina. He's reallllly into dogs and owns about 7 I think. He is also the reason why I have my dog. It was through his friend who breeds working and show dogs that I got mine. If anyone is wondering the rose above it is from Eli Quinters at Smith St in New York City

5959676336_63516ff3c5_z.jpg

Ursula, your dog tattoo is amazingly beautiful! the Eli Quinters piece is awesome as well, i really love his work and hope that one day i can get something from him. dogs have so much personality and just by being themselves they bring so much joy to our lives and i got to say it really hit that spot when i saw your picture of the your dog stack! hahaha what does G.B. stand for if anything? the puppy is so precious, did you keep it or sell it?

Agility is so much fun!!!! if you end up coming down town and have time for a coffee or cold drink id be happy to tell you all about it!

I'm going to be in Toronto tomorrow evening till Saturday evening.. not sure yet on what's all going on but I will let you know :)

GB stands for many things including Gravity Bong, Gross Breath, Garbage Butt and I'm sure a few more I'm forgetting. Her name from the breeder was Jezebelle and I wasn't really into that.. The puppy went to the guy who owned the stud, his stud came from the same breeder as my dog and was very old and close to passing away and all he wanted was a puppy from him so since she only had one puppy it went to him. The dog stack is one of the funniest things I've seen. They just stared at us like 'what, nothing's going on here' It's pretty awesome that you have a champion dog, one day I might get a dog for showing.

Valerie Vargas has got a really great tattoo of a Pug (I think) on her gallery. I've thought about getting something to commemorate my four dearly departed Siamese cats.

I've seen very few paintings/tattoos that do justice to these beautiful creatures. I might just get four small tattoos with thier names on.

Iwar has death metal kitty.

This thread rules, I'm just gonna go ahead and like each post. My lady and I haven't been able to have pets due to the apartment we're in, and we actually had a really terrible experience when we adopted a cat a couple years ago, which was really just a huge all-out bummer, but that's not really relevant. Can't wait to move to a place where we can have pets! Ideally, dogs. And you know cats always show up sooner or later.

Alanna, awesome stories, great cross-stitching!

MsRad, henry tattoo is rad. (Named after Rollins>?)

Ursula, nice one! I recognize that rose from Eli, too!

Jade..crazy cat people!

Perez actually did a great dog tattoo on our buddy Pete, hope he shares it. And pictures of his awesome gatos.

MsRad, henry tattoo is rad. (Named after Rollins>?)

Nope! i wanted to originally name him Artichoke (i like naming pets after various foods for some reason), and his nickname would've been Arti, but my partner at the time told me that the name didn't fit him. so i said, "well, what name does fit him then?" and to which Paul replied, "he looks like a Henry!" ever since, everyone has thought i named him after Rollins since i also really like him, but they are all wrong. just a coincidence!

oh and, i have my second interview today to be a kitten nursery caregiver! if i get the job, i'll be in charge of taking care of 12 litters of kittens, all under 8 weeks, as part of a new pilot program at our local Humane Society. Jackson's already come up with a name for me, "Robin Doolin, kitten cuddler!" i told him it made me sound like i was a detective haha. the program is to help also educate people on the importance of spaying and neutering their cats!

Great thread for sure -where would we be without out little mates .Ursula i really feel for you being separated from GB ,we have a similar system here ,anyone planning on taking my boy better call in loads of back-up ...anyway must be akin to hell for ya .Since I don't have a Sampson tattoo I'll post a cool Pitbull-staff drawing done for black and grey whizz kid Pint .Sampson also has many names (we're crazy kids) but let me introduce him by his full tittle Sampson Marlon Grimbone ....

this our old dag Mr meiko he died about a year ago. we were real bummed. i got a pyramid tattoo to remember him by at blackheart when i was in SF. as a sort of tomb for him as king of pit bulls. plus i didn't really want a pit bull tattoo. my wife got a carrot because that was his favortite treat. from bob at perfection in austin.

mr2.jpg

mr1.jpg

but now we got this little girl. she is hilarious. and just wandered into our lives.

photo.jpg

palace1.jpg

Nope! i wanted to originally name him Artichoke (i like naming pets after various foods for some reason), and his nickname would've been Arti, but my partner at the time told me that the name didn't fit him. so i said, "well, what name does fit him then?" and to which Paul replied, "he looks like a Henry!" ever since, everyone has thought i named him after Rollins since i also really like him, but they are all wrong. just a coincidence!
oh and, i have my second interview today to be a kitten nursery caregiver! if i get the job, i'll be in charge of taking care of 12 litters of kittens, all under 8 weeks, as part of a new pilot program at our local Humane Society. Jackson's already come up with a name for me, "Robin Doolin, kitten cuddler!" i told him it made me sound like i was a detective haha. the program is to help also educate people on the importance of spaying and neutering their cats!

HAHAHA!!! a least i know now that i am not the only one!! i had a slew of hamsters growing up and they all had food names!!

I was a kitten caregiver in college at the Toronto Humane Society. i had a really great time doing it. at first it seemed really daunting but as time passed it got easier and i got into a routine. the kittens were so sweet!!!