Help. Tattoo shops in japan

NavyDavy

Anyone know of a tattoo shop in Iwakuni/Horishima, Japan? Or a shop near there? If so, can I get an address or the easiest way anyone could find it. I have a friend stationed there and wants to get some work done. Please let me know.

I don't know much about Japan but I do know about Tokyo Horo. I'm assuming because of his name his shop is in toyko. He does traditional American style tattooing and he's really really good. I'm not sure if he does Japanese style but he would know who does. I hope that helps you out a bit. I'm on my phone or I'd google his shop for you but if you just google his name I'm sure you'll find it :)

Well although I live here, I'm living in the Tokyo area. I can"t say how well the shops in the southern part of Japan are, but one of the most well known shops in the south is Chopstick. What type of tattoo is your friend looking for, that can help me direct you in the right direction.

i can vouch for Ton at Chopstick Tattoo. his work is solid, but Osaka is a 3 hour train ride from Hiroshima. Hiroshima is my favorite place (so far) in Japan, but i didn't come across any tattoo shops while i was there. then again, i also wasn't looking very hard.

I'm not sure about Hiroshima (I'm still yet to go there) but here are some links incase he wants to travel? Some have already been posted but anyway:

Osaka:

CHOPSTICK TATTOO - top- they have 3 locations all around ameri-murra

ThreeTidesTattoo | ƒXƒŠ[ƒ^ƒCƒY ƒ^ƒgƒD[ | ‘åãE“Œ‹ž (they also have a shop in Tokyo)

http://www.miyazo.com/ Miyazo, student of Horitsune II does amazing traditional Japanese

Kyoto:

CATCLAW TATTOO ? TOP (my personal favorite, the crew here are awesome and can do great traditional Japanese and American)

Nagoya:

SABADO THE MONSTER INDEX really dig Sabados' work, but its not for everybody

GENKO TATTOO Genko used to work with Sabado

Yokohama:

http://www.yellowblaze.net/ Shige is amazing!

Hope this helps. Any idea what style he's looking at getting?

Yeah, it should be going on. The guy that runs it from Tokyo hardcore planned another event in April/May but the venue fell though. But I havent heard that Kings of Tattoo will have any problems this year.

Tattoo Summit the organizer disappeared a few years ago, that doesn't go on anymore.

[EDIT] okay on second thought, after googling kings of tattoo, it seemed like they had an event in April called kings of tattoo live. Let's just hope that is just a branch off and the convention they made after the other venue didn't wan to host it, and they still had all these other artsts comming to Tokyo. If not got to wait another year to go to this convention. Things have always happened that stopped me from going to a convention in Japan.

Thanks CaptCanada - I'm going to be in Tokyo in September either way, but it would have been cool if the convention was on (if it fell on the same dates as last year, or the days around that, then I could have gone).

Found his Ameba page and he did post information about the 2011 convention. It will be October 8, 9, 10... lets just hope there isn't a cancellation.

here is the page KING of TATTOO 2011

• 1 year later...
Anyone know of a tattoo shop in Iwakuni/Horishima, Japan? Or a shop near there? If so, can I get an address or the easiest way anyone could find it. I have a friend stationed there and wants to get some work done. Please let me know.

I would highly recommend staying away from the shop right out the front gate of Iwakuni on the left. I took a beautiful Phoenix w/flames to him............he did a horrible, horrible job of it.........bad enough where I won't be going back to have it finished. I'll see if someone back in the States can salvage the mess he's made. Also, he doesn't seem to be very good at estimating his time.......and therefore his prices. He was to spend 2-1/2 hours a night over a 3 day session.......those 2-1/2 hours were done in an hours time (including breaks).....and the work shows it!!