Possible terror event happening in Oslo

Iwar

One hour ago a huge explosion went off in in the building that our prime minister holds office in, downtown Oslo. We have no idea what has happened yet. Looks like a warfield judging from the television images. This is unreal.... Everything is pointing towards it being an action of terror according to experts on the field.

I'm ten minutes away by bus. Hope our fellow LST member Robin wasn't near by... It's now confirmed that it's a terror event. Windows shattered half a mile away, and it's the worst thing that has happened on Norwegian soil since WW2. Trying to get a hold of all my friends that live or work downtown....

oh man, Iwar, i just saw pictures. events like these are always hard to stomach, no matter how close or how far you live from where they take place, because (at least for me) they make you feel vulnerable. i feel like if it could happen at x spot, it could happen at y and z too. there's a lot of uncertainty, but like my father said after 9-11 when i asked what we should do?: "go to bed, and wake up the next morning to a new day."

Shit just got even crazier... "Gunman dressed as police officer opens fire at Labour party youth camp on Norway's Utoya island; many hurt" is the latest headline. Rumor has it that several kids has been gunned down. Not known if it's related to the terror event or not.

Thanks for the kind words you guys!

I've read that the prime minister was due to visit the youth camp tomorrow, I'm sure it was related.

Iwar, I hope everyone you know and love is safe and sound, and I really really hope those injured at the youth camp pull through. What kind of assholes shoot teenagers at a summer camp, presumably in the name of their religion?

yesterday in my town a woman was found with 4 healthy children and one locked in a closet she is 5yr old weighs 19 lbs and was defacating in a cup. When the mother was asked WTF!? she said the girl looked like her father and she hated the man so she locked her away.

love your loved ones even more for all the fucked up shit that is going on in our world. Glad you are safe

Motherfucker killed 7 kids at the youth camp...

Hope we hear from Robin soon! I met him in the park by coincidence the other day. Really cool dude, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him that long or get his number.

I liked this but then realized how stupid that would look. I will just say thanks for the tip and hopefully Black Metal Robin shows up soon.

that's ok. i posted a visitor message on his profile, so he should know now that we're concerned and thinking of him. hopefully he's ok, and wasn't in any of the locations where this shit is going down. i don't get why anyone would target Norway? i suppose it will be answered over the next 24 hours or so.

Stay safe, man. Glad you're okay! I hope Black Metal Robin shows up soon.

Y'know, through all the shit reports I tried to read about this, I've learned the most from this forum!

i don't get why anyone would target Norway? i suppose it will be answered over the next 24 hours or so.

If you think about it, somewhere like Norway is the ideal place for this kind of disgusting thing, because you DON'T expect it. Terror is making you think you're not safe anywhere, even somewhere like Norway.

Thanks for the support guys.

I've been glued to the tv for 12 hours straight now. Latest is that atleast 80 kids were killed at the massacre on utøya island, and atleast 7 killed from the bombing. Looks as if it was all the actions of one man, a 32 year old norwegian right wing extremeist.