Possible terror event happening in Oslo

Iwar

Thanks for the support guys.

I've been glued to the tv for 12 hours straight now. Latest is that atleast 80 kids were killed at the massacre on utøya island, and atleast 7 killed from the bombing. Looks as if it was all the actions of one man, a 32 year old norwegian right wing extremeist.

i read an article where it was compared to the Oklahoma City Bombing. i was only 10 when that happened, but i remember it vividly and have been to the memorial.

I've been glued to the tv for 12 hours straight now. Latest is that atleast 80 kids were killed at the massacre on utøya island, and atleast 7 killed from the bombing. Looks as if it was all the actions of one man, a 32 year old norwegian right wing extremeist.

I am sick about this. 80 kids? I am glad you are safe Iwar. But the lives of those 80 kids cut short is so horrifying. When I was 16 one of my best friends was killed in a car crash and it devastated our whole community, I can't imagine the type of devastation this will have on the larger community, and all the families and friends of these kids that will never be the same. I am so sorry that this is happening in your peaceful country.

I'm always so amazed by the amount of damage one sick determined person can cause.

Don't get consumed by the coverage. Watch the response over the next few days, shit like this brings out the very best in people. I suppose that's the natural response to something as evil and vile as a terrorist attack. When you look back at things like this remember the compassion and kindness that followed, that's what I have tried to take away from seeing the attacks in the US.

Glad to hear you guys are ok. Things will feel a little bit better with every day that passes.

<3 <3

im ok u guys!

thank u!

my friends are to.. but woke up to the news that the death toll at utöya now is 84!!!

Anders Behring Breivik slaughtered kids between 11-25 years old all over the island.. calling them out of the bushes saying theres a sniper and then shoot them.. searching camly thru the tents and killing anyone breathing..

humanity is doomed.. but yesterday it died..

i just feel like puking

ive seen some pictures..

pictures i cant get of my mind..

one shows kids lying dead in the water and Anders Behring Breivik standing over them with his rifle..

and what looks like a young man pleeding for his life..

and one picture shows bodies spred over the hill side down to the water.. with just a few meter apart.. horrible..

all my love to the familys.. all my love to the wounded..

today we´re all Norwegian..

Robin

What I gave gathered so far from the press

* He surrendered willingly and wants to explain hes actions

*He entered the island discuised as a police and gathered the youth do to the explosion in Oslo, which was his doing. When the youth had gathered he started to shoot them with an automatic weapon, apparently.

*There is over 90 people dead

I heard a Norwegian journalist on the radio this morning and they were saying that his first court appearance might be closed, but only because the police are still investigating whether he had an accomplice.

After that he was saying the first order of business will probably be to determine whether he is mentally ill or is fit to stand trial.

Apparently the maximum sentence he could get, if tried and found guilty, is 21 years.

Me and my friends were downtown for the public memorial today. Over 200.000 people came to show their respect. Thought I'd share a couple of pictures I took...

This is where the public came to lay down flowers, letters and light candles in memory of the victims.

268752_10150745108810249_842595248_20104399_752100  9_n.jpg

A police car parked right by the memorial spot.

283960_10150745108085249_842595248_20104386_497259  2_n.jpg

My thoughts and sincerest compassion goes out to the relatives and friends of the victims. Today was a sad day, but it felt good to be united with my fellow Oslo residents against these despicable acts. Public memorials were held all over the country today.

Maria Mena - Mitt lille land (My small country)

Thank you for posting these photos, Iwar.

Gives solace that there is an antidote to the 'meanness in this world.'*

*Line is from the song 'Nebraska' by Bruce Springsteen, I did not feel comfortable embedding the song here, given that it is from the point of view of the killer, until the end, where the above line comes from, but believes the line is true.